Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Masters abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So I am thinking about doing my Masters abroad, but was wondering what countries are recognised as being good to get your Masters in?

Is a Master's degree in Australia as good as an American one?

Also, my Dad reckons that if I have a Masters a lot of work paces won't take me as I'll be too qualified, is this true?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends what your subject is in, if you have a science masters, the only places that'll turn you away for being overqualified will be jobs you wont want to do anyway
    If you're planning on a factory job your dad might have a point. If you want a career in a field related to your Masters, he's chatting rubbish. A bachelors degree simply isn't enough these days if you're serious about pursuing a professional career.
    Masters are longer in the US than they are here, and a lot lot more expensive.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Masters are longer in the US than they are here, and a lot lot more expensive.
    Yeahhh... I know. I need £22, 000 in a bank just to be allowed to study over there.
    Yeahhh... I know. I need £22, 000 in a bank just to be allowed to study over there.

If you really want to do a course in the US, my advice would be to get the Masters here (its cheaper and shorter) then try and blag some sort of scholarship to do your PHD over there.
    \