Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iran

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Not sure I'm sure I understand the question. The nuclear plant can be built just about anywhere, can't it? :confused:
    it can only operate with a very large and reliable water source for cooling the reactor.
  • Options
    I don't believe for one second that5 Iran is developing nuclear power for electricty, it is developing it to defend its own borders.

The US and Israel both have nukes, and it isn't just "bush bashing" to point out that both countries want to see Iran wiped off the map. The only countries that are safe from Bush's imperialism are those with nuclear capabilities- which is why there isn't going to be a US march on Pyongyang either.

If Israel can have nukes, then so can Iran. I don't think they will trigger MAD for the simple fact I think these leaders want to lead, and its hard to lead if they're dead.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't believe for one second that5 Iran is developing nuclear power for electricty, it is developing it to defend its own borders.

The US and Israel both have nukes, and it isn't just "bush bashing" to point out that both countries want to see Iran wiped off the map. The only countries that are safe from Bush's imperialism are those with nuclear capabilities- which is why there isn't going to be a US march on Pyongyang either.

If Israel can have nukes, then so can Iran. I don't think they will trigger MAD for the simple fact I think these leaders want to lead, and its hard to lead if they're dead.
    america do not want to see iran wiped off the map nor do the israelis ...the leadership yes.

i'm sure this isn't the first time in history that this has happened ...where the children of the most powerful nations start calling for armament of their enemies.
    i can just see it now ...in a roman consuls house ...but daddy ...if we have chariots ...it's only fair the brits should have them as well ...empire collapses ...i imagine the same happened when the iranians were the dominating world power as well.

bye bye ...to your too comfortable little lives sheeple ...you'll be sorry.
  • Options
    it can only operate with a very large and reliable water source for cooling the reactor.
    But wouldn't that be the same case for a plant producing weapons-grade uranium? If it can't do one it can't do the other.
  • Options
    The neocons have done more in the past 15 years to dismantle the efforts of securing "our comfortable lives" made by our predecessors over the past century or so than any inflated Iranian threat could ever pose.

For the love of God Rolly, please regain some proper perspective based on actions not mere rhetoric or mainstream media sensationalism. We have enough regurgitated paranoia and ideological BS to wade through with every post made by dis without you losing it as well.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    But wouldn't that be the same case for a plant producing weapons-grade uranium? If it can't do one it can't do the other.
    no ...you wouldn't be running a reactor.
  • Options
    The neocons have done more in the past 15 years to dismantle the efforts of securing "our comfortable lives" made by our predecessors over the past century or so than any inflated Iranian threat could ever pose.

For the love of God Rolly, please regain some proper perspective based on actions not mere rhetoric or mainstream media sensationalism. We have enough regurgitated paranoia and ideological BS to wade through with every post made by dis without you losing it as well.
    clan ...with all respect mate ...i know our own evils and consumption are behind most of this worlds problems.
    in the last fifteen years we have moved into the serious stages of resource wars ...and it cn only get uglier from here on in.
    i aint swallowing neocon bullshit.

the scenarios we now find ourselves in are not unexpected ...we have known for many years we would end up here.
    the fact that this admin have so spectaculaly fucked it up big style ...does not mean i now agree to scum like the iranian mullahs having nukes.
    i can hope that the iranian peoipole who oppose these people and their ideas ,,,somehow win out ...take control ...but i'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Roll is right you know. He is th eone talking th emost sense...did i just say that?

Iran is not developing nuclear technology for power plants but they are to defend their boarders, but just because they have the right to defend their boarders, i would rather not see the Iranian fanatical leadership in command of such weapons.

Contrary to America mass media bulls**t, Rhetoric, lies, etc, the Iranian military and people are infact somewhat typical of a developing country. They go about their lives, they buy from shops, they make their own movies and watch their own tv. The military operate like any armed forces, armed, trained, drilled, disciplined, and not fanatical or militant.

The Iranian leadership, however, no matter how much you want to deny it because its what the Americans say, is infact made up of psychotic fanatics who will happily kill all and die themselves for the greater glory of what they believe in.

Still, i agree Bush's boys in the Pentagon and DoD are manipulative of the truth and gearing up for conflict and undoing anti-nuke treaties. Doesnt mean that Iran should be allowed to arm themselves with Nukes.
  • Options
    i can hope that the iranian peoipole who oppose these people and their ideas ,,,somehow win out ...take control ...but i'm not holding my breath.

Those elements had their chance stripped from them by force and connivance when Mossadegh was ousted with CIA collusion in the 50's my friend. Our PR-enshrouded "exporters of democracy" have done more to destroy burgeoning liberal democratic movements wherever the will of the people didn't result in hegemonic winfalls for our MNCs and Military Industrial Complex.

We reap what we have sewn for generations.

Meanwhile, I and many others see much more imminent danger from those we have both the duty and right to hold to account, our own warmongering mass murdering leaders.

Join in overturning them and establishing a model of assistance and creative dynamism in place of the cult of death which now prevails and we might actually lead by rightful and responsible example, not avaricious force.

That is the only real alternative, but given the moral and mental complacency of the mainstream today, like you I wont hold my breath waiting for that light to dawn on the masses.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Roll is right you know. He is th eone talking th emost sense...did i just say that?

:lol:
  • Options
    Breaking news: Iran 'reaches agreement with Russia to enrich uranium'

Well that's going to put a smile on Bush's face... :eek: :D
  • Options
    Bloody Buggering hell!

Now America...and probably Britain too, will have to pay out to Russia to compensate them for the difference in money lost from this deal when every Iranian nuclear facility is bombed into oblivian!