Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

STOP PRESS: Polysexual @ The Fridge Raided

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4913328.stm

Polysexual @ Brixton Fridge has been raided by the met. Details in the report.

I would personally just like to make a few points.

1) 200 police on the bank holiday weekend raided the fridge. thats 200 police off the streets. What did they find? 11 arrests and loads of cautions for pills, cocaine and phet.

2)
People come to Brixton to have fun and enjoy the nightlife, they do not want to come to clubs where they are being peddled drugs
From John Roberts of Lambeth Met. The fact is that this is wrong, they do go to polysexual to take drugs and dance, many people do engage in precisely that. What a ridiculous statement to make, if there were not the demand there would not be the supply.

3)They stated that they are doing this to reduce the drug related 'misery' in Brixton & Lambeth. Like taking down a few pill dealers is going to make an impact.

The only possible reason that i can think of for such a massive operation is that they had reliable evidence of in-house dealing. The cynic in me would otherwise feel this was a massive met PR exercise.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    [ 3)
    The only possible reason that i can think of for such a massive operation is a massive met PR exercise.
    got to be a lot easier than solving crime innit.
    what a waste of time and money
    They took control of the foyer and the dance floor, turned the music off and the lights up.

nice way to kill your buzz!
    you've creatively quoted me there rolly :D
    "People come to Brixton to have fun and enjoy the nightlife, they do not want to come to clubs where they are being peddled drugs."

Has one forgot the whole population is 'peddled drugs' in every bar and club across the country, in the form of alcohol....
    What a waste of resources.
    From the accounts I heard this operation took 2 months before they had definite evidence that there was dealing going on in there. So either;

- They were using really really obvious people to try and buy drugs

- They were going there because they enjoyed it

- There are hardly any dealers in there

- Its been two months since they were last paid by the management