Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ahhhhh. Uniform for A-Levels.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ballerina wrote:
    they've got rid of study leave everywhere now - cause they reckon no one ever revises....so we have to stay at school and revise
    and they'll probably still moan if we do better again :rolleyes:

How the hell would they know whether you revise or not? :rolleyes: I always revised when I was at home, but it was mainly me wokring to understand stuff that we'd been through in class.
  • Options
    We had a dress code in the sixth form, the boys across the road had a uniform, but could wear shirts that weren't white, on of the other sixth forms at a nearby secondary had a fairly strict officewear dress code.
  • Options
    They used to have a sixth form uniform at my school, but theat went about a decade ago. I liked sixth form, never had to wear uniform, went home when not in lessons as I lived so close, an donly had one compulsory lesson a week with my form tutor. But the school did use electronic registers to stop us from skiving.
  • Options
    had one compulsory lesson a week with my form tutor. But the school did use electronic registers to stop us from skiving.

This is same with what I have at my school. However, the register doesn't actually stop people skiving, neither does the 'if you don't turn up, you won't get EMA'...
  • Options
    I take it that your sixth form is my sixth year. We have to wear a uniform (although enforcement does get pretty lax) Although we don't go to college after Standard Grades (GCSEs) if we are staying on to study Highers (A Levels)

Tracksuits on a Science course? Isn't that a bit dangerous?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Tracksuits on a Science course? Isn't that a bit dangerous?

Sports Science is basically copying biological diagrams off a whiteboard, and spending 3 hours a day playing badminton, or whatever.

But I definately don't need a tracksuit to do R.E. Phhh.