Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Tylenol long term

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Being a former painkiller abuser, I know how far i can push acetaminophen.. er.. paramacetol?.. before any damage is done. I've had terrible pains in my back for the past few days, so i've been taking around 3 grams (3000mgs) throughout the day. I know that the line for liver damage is around 4 grams a day.. But my question is, is it dangerous to consistantly take 3 grams a day? I'm on day three now!

Comments

• Options
    If its not working at that dose I'd suggest using something else, I find paracetamol (acenepgrgm or what ever its called there) almost useless, Ibruprofen will be better for back pain.

Either that or something with codiene in it.
  • Options
    Yeah try ibuprofen as its anti-inflam too. You could even try ibuprofen/codiene combined. If that doesnt work in a couple of days see your doc.
    Its not unusual for people to have co-codamol long term at the max dose(which would be 4grams paracetemol)
  • Options
    Bit late probably, but why not combine paracetamol (acetaminninionhen.....???) and ibuprofen?

Alternate the doses. I.e. para 1g at 8am, brufen 400mg 10am, para 1g at 12pm etc etc