Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Back pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Ive had pain in my lower back for about a week now. I dont think ive pulled any muscles, and it dosent hurt when i apply pressure...was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what it could be, i dont know whether to go to the doctors or not :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Have you done anything different to normal?

And is the pain inside your back (as in abdominal pain but in the back area) or is it the actual spine that hurts?

Is it just slight pain or does it hurt so much you cant stand or walk properly?

Does it go when you take pain killers?
  • Options
    It's possible the pain appear in your sleep, sometimes by taking wrond position while sleeping you can hurt yourself and will notice only the next morning.

Can anyone give you a massage?

It might be a nerve that have moved...

Hot bath can be quite efficient as well sometimes...
  • Options
    Do you work at a computer for long periods?
  • Options
    Its hard to describe where the pain is really, think its more on my spine. Its not so bad I cant walk or stand properly, i do have to kind of roll myself out of bed though! I do work at a computer pretty much all day and this is something i was thinking it might be realted to...think im gonna go to the dotor next week if its still bad though
  • Options
    Special_K wrote:
    I do work at a computer pretty much all day and this is something i was thinking it might be realted to

Bingo! There's your cause most likely, take breaks, get a new chair (or adjust the one you've got properly) etc. all the usual stuff.