Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I was bored!

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
So I modified my BB gun. No reason for this topic or post. I am just post whoring. It's not like I can beat NMM is it?

I modified the foregrip with a file so it would clip in sideways so I can have the pointless handle on the side and hold it in a far better fashion.

So woo for that. Any other ideas? I am going to solder the switch back to the laser tomorow and possibly intergrate it into the foregrip, on the end.

I have also removed the flash hider as it is entirley pountless on a BB gun. I managed one whole pic before my batteries died! What are the best batteries for a battery whoring digicam? Are the top end expensive rechargables any good?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I am just post whoring. It's not like I can beat NMM is it?

Nope, I am Teh Post Whore Ubber Daddy :p
    I think you should weld a Spectrumometer Raddakhan 7.3 Shnapklop onto the side with a Tukko 447 laser guiding sight intensifer 3.0 on top for good measure. Then your big hard gun will make you the ULTIMATE badass.

What do you shoot with your BB gun, Gerbil? I can see you opening a can of whoopass on some sparrows with that thing.

Pellet guns always remind me of those bikes that kids get when they're 16 that look like they might be powerful but in fact have a 50cc engine that sounds like someone shaking a coke can with a pebble in it.

Careful you don't hurt yourself with that thing anyway, man, otherwise they'll never let you into the army when you turn 18.
    can join the army at 16
    Nope, I am Teh Post Whore Ubber Daddy :p

first part of your recovery is admitting you have a problem
    Robot Alan wrote:
    can join the army at 16
    I never said 18 was the minimum age, thus my post still applies :cool:

But yeah, damn, 16? Do you mean the actual army or just the cadets? That's insane. That means that you're allowed to fight wars in foreign lands and possibly die for your country but you're not allowed to drink a beer when you get home.

"NO! No beer for you, young Jimmy. I don't care if you were shot fighting for our government, drinking at 16 is against the law. Now go outside and wait by the tank. DON'T GIVE ME THAT FACE, YOUNG MAN or I'll confiscate your M60".
    Fuck that! You want a Supersoaker 3000 for maximum damage!
    Pffff, BB guns, SuperSoakers, Uzis, I laugh at them all.

When you absolutely positively gotta kill every muddy funster in the room, accept no substitutes...

weapon.jpg

I recently modded it actually by doubling up the rubber bands but the power scared me and I dismantled it through fear of the potential devistation I held in my hands.
    Originally Posted by Brave Dave
    I never said 18 was the minimum age, thus my post still applies

But yeah, damn, 16? Do you mean the actual army or just the cadets? That's insane. That means that you're allowed to fight wars in foreign lands and possibly die for your country but you're not allowed to drink a beer when you get home.

"NO! No beer for you, young Jimmy. I don't care if you were shot fighting for our government, drinking at 16 is against the law. Now go outside and wait by the tank. DON'T GIVE ME THAT FACE, YOUNG MAN or I'll confiscate your M60".

Yeah bit silly really, although I don't think they draft you abroad until your 18 not overly sure tbh. I'm joining soon and can't wait to be able to go the on base pub for a pint after a days training and laugh at all the younger recruits in with me who have to drink lemonade or cola :cool:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yup.. join the army at 16... don't get to do anything until 18... but do get driving lessons free! My mate joined at 16 straight from school. Had a huge piss up before he left, so awesome. He was in Kadets before that, then joined right in. Done his training, out to Afghanistan next year. Fuck man, him with a gun is scary. He bought some shit home last time he was on leave. Including a magazine, and a grenade handle. Woo. He wasn't allowed weapons out the base, but on the base, he can keep what he likes. So, I hope he brings a few trophy weapons back.

What do I shoot with it? Anything I want :p If I want to KILL something, I use the Air Rifle. But I have little desire to do that. The M16 is for fun and messing about mainly. What damage can a BB gun do tbh? Plus it came with a Laser Sight, and was dirt cheap in a shop closing down sale. Get it for the accessories alone! Like a BB gun can shoot well enough to warrant a laser sight.

As for the pen... use a Marker pen. They are far, far, more satisfying to see fly across the room. Or fire the lid off a ruler.
    ive noticed that only boys have answered on this thread lol
    that doesn't surprise me, what a bunch of gun geeks :p
    what a bunch of geeks :p

That's about right.

Well I've got a tattie gun, so ner. :p
    I'm pretty sure that you can kill someone accidentally with a BB gun if you get them i the right place ie in the eye or ear - you could definatley make them blind or deaf.

I can kind of see how guns are cool and all but its a bit creapy how your getting THIS much into them - they are after all tools for killng. The airplane obsession is much more exciting though OMG I love them.
    Wyetry wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that you can kill someone accidentally with a BB gun if you get them i the right place ie in the eye or ear - you could definatley make them blind or deaf.
    Not that one, I assure you. IF I shot someone in the eye/ear with the air rifle at the right angle.. (take some doing!) it could kill 'em.
    Wyetry wrote:
    I can kind of see how guns are cool and all but its a bit creapy how your getting THIS much into them - they are after all tools for killng. The airplane obsession is much more exciting though OMG I love them.
    Planes are weapons too... :p Far more devestating as well, I assure you!
    Wyetry wrote:
    That's the point I was subtly making in my first post in this thread.

People like guns because a gun gives them POWER! There'll be no more bullying and name calling when you're carrying a GUN, that's for sure. Carrying a gun commands respect. Whoever has the biggest gun is the top dog.

My problem with guns is that a) they have only one single use, to kill living things and b) having a gun is not badass, it's gay (this isn't having a go at gerbil by the way).

People seem to think that if you have a gun then you are tougher than someone else. How is this so? Anyone with a thumb and a finger can pull a trigger. It requires no skill and therefore deserves no respect. People who think they're badass because they have a gun are getting confused between "respected" and "feared because you're quite clearly a nutjob who is destined to end up killing yourself or someone else and going to prison for many, many years, thus ruining your life, the victim's life and the families and friends of all concerned's lives".

RESPECT!!

Shooting's for cowards anyway. If you're going to kill something then a) it has to be more than capable of fighting back and b) you have to do it with your bare hands. Anything else is just the PUSSYASS way out :hyper:
    Battle axes are blatantly the best weapon ever. Thats the only combat weapon that exists.

BB guns are fun. Because they can't hit shit, and don't kill folk. I think all soldiers should have their weapon replaced at night with Airsoft guns. Simulated combat :thumb: War would be so much fun if it were simulated combat. Or just play Battlefield... haha.

Bullying can't be stopped with guns, that just gets you in jail.
    guns dont kill people, rappers do!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Battle axes are blatantly the best weapon ever. Thats the only combat weapon that exists.
    youre so right :yes:
    or battering rams!
    Who would win, man-at-arms or Ram man?
    guns dont kill people, rappers do!

You're absolutely right! I saw it on a documentry on BBC2.
    *in my most stereotypical south american drug baron voice*

with guns you get the power, with guns you get the money and with guns you get the women :D
    What do you use that toy for, bro?
    ;)

A gun is not a gun unless you can feel the kick!!
    I have a big gun ;)