Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dehydrated?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been almost constantly thirsty since last Monday when I got back from my Duke of Edinburgh expedition. I've tried drinking loads of water, lemonade, orange juice, blackcurrent, as well as cutting out additional salt and very salty foods for a few days, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions? The only medication I'm on is microgynon 30, and I don't think it's related in any way.

Comments

• Options
    I've been almost constantly thirsty since last Monday when I got back from my Duke of Edinburgh expedition. I've tried drinking loads of water, lemonade, orange juice, blackcurrent, as well as cutting out additional salt and very salty foods for a few days, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions? The only medication I'm on is microgynon 30, and I don't think it's related in any way.
    i had a really dry mouth/thirstyness for a couple of days not long ago a few weeks after starting microgynon 30...i do alot of dancing....dunno, maybe its linked?
  • Options

What's "loads"?

You shouldn't have too much of the sugary stuff btw. If you're dehydrated from your trek, try an isotonic solution such as diarolyte.
  • Options
    I was always told, if your dehydrated, dont like just chug down a whole bunch of water, but sip it. But I think thats more for if its a recent occurance, like after a sports game.

Maybe try some gatoraid, or another sports drink. Not the sugary ones crapp ones, but the hydrating kind. That always helps me. Hope you feel better :)
  • Options
    About 3 litres of straight water during the day, and usually 3/4 of a litre over night if I wake up thirsty.

Will see if I can find an isotonic drink tomorrow, ta guys.