Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Rolling Stones, censored by China, will still play there

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    achinese wrote:
    I guess he is not that popular in china, i never heard him before

That's a big city your home town...
    http://rollingstones.com/virtualticket/index.php?v=lav#
    Title: The Rolling Stones are going to China

Date: Apr 02, 2006

Description: In a few days the Rolling Stones will rock Shanghai for their first show on mainland China.

Content Type: video
    lo | med | hi
    lo | med | hi

When i click the link, it shows member only

maybe he is more popular in shanhai than in shenzhen.
    not as good as i expected, but he is kind funny
    I like China.I like Rice wine.

But even more, I like chinese women!!
    :yes:
    I don't think so, last time i came here, i heard most of them make alot comment about chinese human right. :razz:
    What, you don't like shao xing?
    Stringent censorship unfortunately exists in China, unless the West boycotts China it’s just something it’s got to accept as part of dealing with the present Chinese regime. Anyway thanks to the Daily Mail’s revelations we know a high profile figure did take a stand against China – yet I can’t remember many defending Prince Charles. Anyway the Rolling Stones are mainly playing in China to expat Europeans and Americans I read – it would seem a bit unfair to deprive their fans who’d been looking forward to the concert to make an ineffectual stand against China’s awful regime.

that shows that your lack of understanding of our culture which put more emphasis on harmony and personal relationship.

it seems to me that you won't be able to think for yourself, so you need your american dady to develop a brainwashed version for you.

these typical ignorants of you kind made me feel that it's good to have some censorship in place just to keep out those unintelligent annoying comments of yours. hehe

:blush: no offense
    :yuck:
    achinese wrote:
    that shows that your lack of understanding of our culture which put more emphasis on harmony and personal relationship.

Unless you protest, of course
    it seems to me that you won't be able to think for yourself, so you need your american dady to develop a brainwashed version for you.

these typical ignorants of you kind made me feel that it's good to have some censorship in place just to keep out those unintelligent annoying comments of yours. hehe

That doesn't follow; censorship just stops you hearing new ideas and being able to make a critical choice between them. Its does brainwash you with one version of the 'truth'. Censorship may keep out annoying comments, but it also keeps out new ideas and challenges to the prevailing order.
    How is Keith Richards still alive, more importantly?
    Cain wrote:
    How is Keith Richards still alive, more importantly?
    every time he comes on the telly ...with a fag in hand ...my wife is mesmerised ...he is her favourite muppet.

anyone remember spitting image?

about four years ago he announced to the world in a telly interview that he had decided ...to go back on the heroin.
    when asked why ...he answered that it was his main distraction in life and seeing as he hadn't had any for five years ...he had some catching up to do!

living proof ...that chain smoking and doing all the drugs you can lay your hands on ...leads to a long and prosperous life :D
    living proof ...that chain smoking and doing all the drugs you can lay your hands on ...leads to a long and prosperous life :D

For some that's the case.
    turlough wrote:
    For some that's the case.
    you too can live forever ...when you've done a line or two ...
    NQA wrote:

I wonder how you eat an orange, you can't just let the whole piece into your mouth without peeling it. same thing, every government will take some measure to filter out some harmful infomation especially the american propaganda,drugs and vilolence. maybe it's your way of eating an orange, but the correct and civilized way of eating an orange is this.:razz: http://www.ehow.com/how_1807_peel-orange.html