Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I feel really stupid and blonde posting this, but...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't say anything about disk-space when that message comes up but I checked my disk-space last night and out of 56GB, I've only got 11GB left. That means nothing to me though.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    *Stacey* wrote:
    It doesn't say anything about disk-space when that message comes up but I checked my disk-space last night and out of 56GB, I've only got 11GB left. That means nothing to me though.
    You are OK for now, but I would recommend getting anothr HDD if you download and install alot of stuff tbh.

Also, memory low, as said. Get some more memory.

Hard Drive space is what your files are saved on. Memory is stuff the computer uses to store tempory data needed whilst it is on, but nothing is saved there. Once off, it all goes away. It is crucial stuff though, make no mistake - if it is all getting used up, you NEED more.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote:
    I wasn't talking about zipping every individual file. I was talking about zipping all my downloads into one folder, and then zipping all of my artist folders.

But I'm not going to do that now.

There's very little point in zipping an MP3 file - MP3 files are already compressed - doubt you'd save very much space by zipping them

Maplin had a 250GB external drive for £89.99 and even cheaper off their website with online vouchers.