Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lessons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey.

Just read the post about Uni Lectures and as I'm starting sixth form college in September, I just thought I'd ask what lessons are like in college? Is there any lectures where you have to sit and take notes, or is it classroom work?

Oh, and another question. I'm taking art, and I'm just wondering what sort of things you do in the lessons? And what do you do on the course (I'm going to take Unendorsed)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    mianly classroom. we've got an economics teacher who talks and we take notes though :chin: we dont do so well in the exams but hes pretty much taught us up to first year uni standard as far as our understanding goes :p
  • Options
    Sometimes we have to take notes. Actually for law, most of our homework does involve taking notes on certain things. Biology can be the same as well at times.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    Hey.

Just read the post about Uni Lectures and as I'm starting sixth form college in September, I just thought I'd ask what lessons are like in college? Is there any lectures where you have to sit and take notes, or is it classroom work?

Oh, and another question. I'm taking art, and I'm just wondering what sort of things you do in the lessons? And what do you do on the course (I'm going to take Unendorsed)

with me it was classrooms, doubt many colleges have lecture theatres.

i did AS level art and it was pretty much like GCSE. you get set a theme and voila..do as you wish! might be different for you. but you have artistic license anyway!