Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

get your tattoos out!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if were talking about siblings tattoos.....
    My brothers name is Greg, and when he was 15 or 16, he got his friend to tattoo his name onto his arm with a needle and some indian ink. Only problem was his friend being dyslexic wrote "GERG" instead of Greg. My brother being the twat he was, looked in the mirror and of course in the reflection, it still said GREG to him so was happy - until my mum saw it and went ballistic and scrubbed it with wire wool until it came off.

Still makes me laugh to think about it!

OUCH!! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I need help. I've decided on getting this or this but I'm stuck for ideas. I'm not all about on the arms and stuff, and not tits or tummy or lower back. Any ideas?
  • Options
    why that??
    what does it represent? are you female or male?
  • Options
    Cuz I like it.
    Green Bay Packers.
    Female.

I may have to drive to Wisconsin to get it done though, I"d ask for it here and they'd intentionally mess it up :p
  • Options
    The tattoo artist should be able to give you an idea of where it'll look best and what size to have it. I prefer the second one myself but then I might think differently if I saw them as tattoos instead of pictures.
  • Options
    Violette - what was the pain like when you had the tat on your foot? I am planning on getting one on my foot too.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Violette - what was the pain like when you had the tat on your foot? I am planning on getting one on my foot too.

I'm not violet but I read this so heres my 2p anyways :p Pain is minimal. Though alot of tattoo places don't reccomend doing them on your feet or hands. I went with a friend who got a string of roses above her toes. They were real hesitant I remember. It didn't hurt any she said and I could tell. That was 2 years ago and within a year it was just a pink bloby looking thing.

I found this
    The fact is, your hands and feet are the two parts of your body that come under the greatest amount of physical “abuse” as a result of normal everyday life. This makes maintaining the quality of a tattoo in these areas very difficult.

Most tattoo artists guarantee their work 100% and back up that guarantee with things such as free touch-ups. When they do a tattoo, their reputation is on the line the moment you walk out the door. Every person that sees your tattoo and finds out who did it will base an opinion of the artist by the quality of the work. If you mess up your tattoo, it’s the artist that’s going to get the blame.

Hand and foot tattoos are extremely difficult to maintain. Socks and shoes constantly rubbing against your feet can wear away even a healed tattoo. Getting to the healed point is even more difficult, requiring the sacrifice of going practically barefoot for 3 months if you really want it to heal properly. But remember, going barefoot or wearing sandals exposes your foot to the elements, including the sun, which can also destroy your new tattoo. If you really want to get that foot tattoo – and honestly, I don’t blame you! – you have got to be totally prepared to baby it like you have never babied your skin before. The same thing goes for hand tattoos – if you’re a mechanic, a dishwasher, or do anything else that is rough on your hands, don’t do it! You’ll only ruin the tattoo and be stuck with a mess in a very visible area.
    http://tattoo.about.com/cs/beginners/a/aa052903a.htm
  • Options
    that tattoo is really nice kaffrin :yes:
  • Options
    I really really want to get my own design done but I keep wimping out of doing it! I dont think my other half is going to like me doing it either!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Kimono has a lovely tattoo... :yes:
  • Options
    My new tattoo today, on my right inside wrist! :D

10omck8.gif
  • Options
    That is way cute Becky. I'd love to be daring enough to get one there but I always get put off having them in obvious places!

I've got one on my arse, will take a picture later. Maybe. :p
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    LadyJade wrote:
    Kimono has a lovely tattoo... :yes:

Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg

wow, that is impressive!
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

10omck8.gif

I love that tattoo. It is similar to the one I want on my wrist. But I am too scared to get it done :nervous:
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

10omck8.gif
    Where did you get it done Becks?

I like it lots :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Woo hoo! Go kimono! Its so gorgeous....
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful.

Becky I love your tat, what did you think of it pain-wise?
  • Options
    Hurrah for tattoos. Come on LJ, get your tats out too...
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I love that tattoo. It is similar to the one I want on my wrist. But I am too scared to get it done :nervous:

Thanks! Me too, I was scared to get it done, it took about 20 minutes or so to get it done. It was nippy in parts, but I am really chuffed with it.
    Glittery wrote:
    Where did you get it done Becks?

I like it lots :)

I like it toooo..I got it done in Tribe4 Flip on Bath Street yesterday on my lunch break.
    briggi wrote:
    Becky I love your tat, what did you think of it pain-wise?

It was sore, and when it was sore, you knew the blood was coming through, ha. But I do recommend it, it's so lovely now.

The wee tattooist man said that he wants this because it's lovely but dangerous. Haha. And he commended me having it as everyone has stars on their wrist and this is different. Woot.
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg

Wow!! That is a very awsome georgous tattoo. I'm speechless, its just so :yippe: :love: :cool: :thumb:
    It is truely amazing.
  • Options
    Here are my tats. The ankle one isn't the best pic of it but u get the idea of it lol.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Wow!! That is a very awsome georgous tattoo. I'm speechless, its just so :yippe: :love: :cool: :thumb:
    It is truely amazing.

Aww, shucks you guys :blush:
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg

Thats so beautiful. Was the picture part of your avatar at some point? It looks familiar, the colours and pattern.
  • Options
    Well-spotted! Yes it was my av once.

UV-glowing tats! Wow!
  • Options
    Lil_missy wrote:
    Here are my tats. The ankle one isn't the best pic of it but u get the idea of it lol.

That UV one is awsome. Was it more expensive than normal ink?

I would like to ask the opinions of the creative bunnies on here. I have a Simba on my shoulder and a paw on the other one. Instead of getting more random ones I was thinking adding more along the lines of that. Making like a collage/big picture/thingymadingy, if anybody catches my drift? You know how you see somebody start with one tattoo then they go from there to make it grow, but its all related and intertwined...However I'm as creative as a dead brick, so if anybody has any ideas that I could run with, :thumb:
  • Options
    How to look completely unemployable.

chequeredhead2.jpg
  • Options
    Kimono wrote:
    Alright then...

PEONIES1.jpg

Thats one of the nicest/beautiful tattoos I've ever seen! It doesn't even look like a tattoo kinda looks like someones painted a picture on your shoulder!

Will the colours stay as bright like that or do you have to get it recoloured over the years?

ladyjane i want to see your tattoos now that one mod has got them out :D
  • Options
    I agree, Kimono's tattoo is beautiful. How did they make it glittery?
  • Options
    Wouldn't glittery tattoos be great? I do actually sometimes use a sparkly moisturiser on it to make it stand out more, but I think this photo was taken the day I had it done so the shininess is just the ink still sitting on the surface of the skin.

Inks are much more highly developed these days so they won't fade and blur in the same way as tattoos used to. The colours will dull to an extent over the next decades but not noticeably enough that I'm likely to need to get it re-coloured. Still, it's all about the technique of the person who's put the ink in as well as the aftercare you give it. I always put sunscreen on it and if I'm out in the sun I'll make sure I'll use a super high factor (about 60).

Thanks for your lovely comments - tattoos are obviously really personal and I don't expect everyone to like it, but hey, it's my skin and it's always great to have it appreciated by people with such fine taste... :)