Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

get your tattoos out!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ya Either Love it, Or Hate!
    briggi wrote:
    C2BK I love the one on the back of your neck...

Cheers huni :)

I am always fascinated with peoples tattoos. And I want to get another one myself. I don't see them as tacky or think 'OMG imagine how that'll look when you're 80?' :-/
    For starters when you're a wrinkly old woman/man; you're going to look like shit either way :p

I've never been a girly girl or overly superficial to care what it will look like when I'm 80. When I see a design that stands out, I will get it and will always love it as my tattoos are now apart of me.
  • Options
    this has really got me in the mood, ive been searching this morning for some ideas, but ive no idea what yet. plus i dont know where, needs to be somewhere easily covered.
  • Options
    I love tattoos on a guy, especially really big ones that start on the lower arm and go all the way up to the neck. Of course it only looks good on the right guy.

I've often thought about getting a tattoo, did a couple of designs when I was younger and would like to get one of them now. But the one I want is relatively big and colourful and will take a long time (and money!) so might wait a while to decide. I'm not really into small tattoos unless they're on the neck or wrist or something or are particularly original. Eughh I remember the fashion for chinese symbol tattoos..awful!
  • Options
    Back to the 80 year olds with tattoos thing.

My Granda is in his mid 70's and has some very weird tattoos (skulls, snakes, women, daggers), he is the sweetest most gentle man you'll meet, a very typical lovely Granda and his tattoos just don't fit with who he is now campared to when he was younger. But its great I love talking to him about his tattoos, they show what a varied life he has lead, we all change as we get older and its interesting to have those little reminders. So basically I think the whole argument about how it'll look terrible when you're old is shit, it adds interest to a person.

I should add that I'm too much of a wimp to get any but I'd love some on my feet!
  • Options
    Back to the 80 year olds with tattoos thing.

My Granda is in his mid 70's and has some very weird tattoos (skulls, snakes, women, daggers), he is the sweetest most gentle man you'll meet, a very typical lovely Granda and his tattoos just don't fit with who he is now campared to when he was younger. But its great I love talking to him about his tattoos, they show what a varied life he has lead, we all change as we get older and its interesting to have those little reminders. So basically I think the whole argument about how it'll look terrible when you're old is shit, it adds interest to a person.

I should add that I'm too much of a wimp to get any but I'd love some on my feet!

I read the whole thing thinking you said "grandma" at first, till I got to the first he. I was like, dude, awsome grandma :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I read the whole thing thinking you said "grandma" at first, till I got to the first he. I was like, dude, awsome grandma :p

Hehe

I wouldn't be surprised if my Grandma did have tattoos to be honest! She's pretty cool. :lol:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I was like, dude, awsome :p
    youre so american :P
  • Options
    I have a thing for tattoos. I have 6 so far. I have a dolphin on my leg, tinkerbell on my shoulder, a star on my tummy, a butterfly lower down on the inside of my hip, a swirly pattern thing in the same place of the other side, and a design on my lower back.
  • Options
    And heres my dolphin one, which one of my best mates picked out
  • Options
    I like them, very cute.
  • Options
    I'd like a tattoo someday.. but I'm not going to do what every other girl I know seems to do when they leave school - they all get almost identical tribal tattoos on their lower back, and it just doesn't seem too personal or original.

Then again, I reaaally like Nicole Richie's little wings on her back. I'd like some like that in pearly pinks or whites. I think they're quite feminine and pretty, but also quite feisty and decadent.
    I'd also like a teeny personal one on my ankle or foot, maybe relating to my late grandma.
  • Options
    I'm in agreement with you. Lower back tatoos are so overdone seem to be done just so they can say they have a tattoo. If that makes any sense. And maybe I've just been unlucky, but it always seems they are the ones with their thongs hanging half a foot out of the pants and the plumber look going on also.
  • Options
    :yes: Thats totally what I meant.

I think tattoos look best in delicate places.. wrists, necks, shoulder blades, ankles, hips etc. Where you'd least expect them.
  • Options
    Oh I love back of the neck tatoos. (most of the time) I've always wanted one but just can't think of anything, and I don't want to get one just for the hell of it.
  • Options
    I like Christina Aguilera's. It says Xtina in a really cute font.
  • Options
    decided im gonna get another tat done over easter i think, anyone know any good sites for looking for one? i know of bmezine but i aint a member and only lets you see 150 of a certain category before booting you off
  • Options
    This thread is making me itch to get a new tattoo. But I need to stop getting spontaneous ones, and I just cannot make my mind up. I love the simba btw manda ;)
  • Options
    This thread is making me itch to get a new tattoo.
    LOL same here.
  • Options
    I really need to pluck up the courage to get mine done!
  • Options
    There was almost a moment yday when I trotted off to get one in camden, howeverI decided against getting one before going to a gig. Abbie did the one on the back of your neck hurt?
  • Options
    This thread is making me itch to get a new tattoo. But I need to stop getting spontaneous ones, and I just cannot make my mind up. I love the simba btw manda ;)

Aww thank you :) I keep meaning to get him colored in.
    I agree though, this thread really makes me want to get another!! I dont have any ideas though. But god I want a new one now too!! Now I just can't stop thinking about it :p Damn yuou people!

ETA: I'm gonna get a Green Bay Packer helmet!!... now just to figure out where...
  • Options
    Manda get a british flag. hahahaha im so so funny. or timon and pumba skippin across the bottom of your back
  • Options
    Oh thats a really good idea!!... the timon and pumba one :p
  • Options
    I dont have any yet. but these are posted on behalf of lolzabeth b'cos she is lazy and cant be assed pausing tetris long enough to sign in.

DSCN1442.jpg
    Lenore with stars
    DSCN1441.jpg
    Silent Bob
    DSCN1438.jpg
    The Pheonix, half finished need to add shading
  • Options
    I dont have any but my sister has this one...
    she has others but this is the best
  • Options
    if were talking about siblings tattoos.....
    My brothers name is Greg, and when he was 15 or 16, he got his friend to tattoo his name onto his arm with a needle and some indian ink. Only problem was his friend being dyslexic wrote "GERG" instead of Greg. My brother being the twat he was, looked in the mirror and of course in the reflection, it still said GREG to him so was happy - until my mum saw it and went ballistic and scrubbed it with wire wool until it came off.

Still makes me laugh to think about it!
  • Options
    if were talking about siblings tattoos.....
    My brothers name is Greg, and when he was 15 or 16, he got his friend to tattoo his name onto his arm with a needle and some indian ink. Only problem was his friend being dyslexic wrote "GERG" instead of Greg. My brother being the twat he was, looked in the mirror and of course in the reflection, it still said GREG to him so was happy - until my mum saw it and went ballistic and scrubbed it with wire wool until it came off.

Still makes me laugh to think about it!

lolll GERG
  • Options
    is the 1st one of lozabeths meant to be kinda shaded/grey,cos i think it looks very cool. unusual,yet effective!
  • Options
    Yes it is, I love it and think its great,

only problem is she wants the stars fixed,the big star mainly, the guy was a tit, well lets just say she never went back there,

the new guy said he'd fix them easily though :D
  • Options
    I also like her first one :thumb: