Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Help filling out Student Finance Application forms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
God help me!

These are the most ridiculous forms ive ever had the misfortune to tackle.

Where should one go for advice on them? Is there an official help line or something?

Also, i'm applying for Disability Finance....do i have to complete the standard loan forms and then go after disability or are they tackled together?

Im so confused right now.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    They are absolute bitches of forms to fill in. You should be able to ring your local LEA for help/
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you get the booklet with it that explains how to fill it in? That helps a bit, although it's still quite confusing...
    Yeah I have to fill in the loan forms too. GRRR. There is a huge booklet which explains it all though, so have a read. :yes:
    or give them a ring, that's what i did when i didnt understand something and they were actually really helpful.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kat_B wrote:
    or give them a ring, that's what i did when i didnt understand something and they were actually really helpful.

:yes: Also are you currently at college/school? As you could ask a tutor or someone from student services to help you. Just for general interest - if you haven't seen this website , you may find it interesting for now or in the future. :)
    Unfortunately i left college a year ago.....hence the trouble. My gf who is still at college gets all sorts of help ... but the people outside the system apparently dont....hmmmm....
    Too bloody right. I've been sent the forms and I haven't even started filling them yet. Is there no limit to how much they want to know? :banghead:
    I still haven't received mine
    i got a text saying you can do it online from mid-april. think i'll do it postally. :p
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I still haven't received mine
    Same here, useless fucking knobheads at Leeds LEA. Will ring them up during the week possibly if I find myself caring enough.
    i got a text saying you can do it online from mid-april. think i'll do it postally. :p
    Yeah so did I.

I would rather fill it out and post it though to be honest so I know they will definately get it. Plus I always need to send allsorts with mine.
    Same here.

Last year I posted it twice and they never recieved it. In the end I actually took it into my LEA so they couldn't say they hadn't got it.