Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

weird missed calls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today and friday i got some missed calls at 11.30 both days.
Friday the number was 01262 677770 and today the number was 02085398900 and tried to call me twice.

I think todays number might have been a company number? Not sure about fridays though? Sorry i'm just curious because it seems a bit weird. What do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try ringing them back?
    erm..just ring them back??!
    Call, or easier yet, just forget about it.
    Most likely it was either a company or a wrong number. Happens to lots of people all the time.
    i don't really want to waste credit, i'm short enough as it is. I get wrong numbers quite a bit...ive had a voice mail and random calls before. It just seems a bit odd they both called at exactly the same time of day.
    Then just leave it alone. I get missed calls all the time from random numbers.
    yeah i got numbers like that but i do forget about it and just think "wow im so famous people who i dont even know want to talk me" :D:D
    You could answer next time they call too. I love getting into conversations with wrong numbers, they are always amusing. Can't go wrong with finding out how the day was of a person you'll never know.
    my_name wrote:
    You could answer next time they call too. I love getting into conversations with wrong numbers, they are always amusing. Can't go wrong with finding out how the day was of a person you'll never know.
    i was in a lesson both times and my phone was on silent in my pocket, and is on silent all day so its kinda difficult as they seem to call in school hours
    You are lucky anyway, at least people call you... Me noone call me... :(
    its ok, they will now. Ive just posted your number on several hundred websites around the world.
    its ok, they will now. Ive just posted your number on several hundred websites around the world.

Cool, my home number I hope :p

Same here. I don't make that many calls wither, but if I do it's usually to my parents because I want something...
    turlough wrote:
    Then just leave it alone. I get missed calls all the time from random numbers.

:yes:

i figure if they know me/it's that important, they'll just ring back.

it's generally people trying to sell you new mobile deals. :yeees:
    i've had those before...it was some company in manchester....i was just off being 16 so they couldnt offer me it....then asked if a parent would get it for me!
    i always lie outrageously about the tariff i'm on, but it doesn't always work:

annoying person: what deal are you currently getting?
    me: 1000 free texts and 500 cross network minutes for £9.99 a month
    annoying person: ah, but miss kaff, do you realise that with this deal you could have 100 free texts and 100 off-peak minutes for only £24.99 a month?

:chin:
    I didn't know sales people called cell phones as they are usually unlisted numbers. I feel lucky now.
    Calls like that annoy the fuck out of me, i usually call back with holding my number listen to them answer then hang up.
    what a pointless thread. how do you expect US to know who it is? ring them if you're that bothered.
    what a pointless thread. how do you expect US to know who it is? ring them if you're that bothered.
    calm down, there's been worse than this...
    Ballerina wrote:
    calm down, there's been worse than this...

i'm calm.

well doesn't mean you should follow suit does it!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Meh.

If they dont call back, fuck em.
    I have had 2 calls from the number 02085398900, the first one i missed and they phoned straight back, i answered the 2nd one and they hung up on me! So dont worry ballerina, it has been bugging me too! Very strange!!! have people got nothin better to do!!
    Ballerina wrote:
    Friday the number was 01262 677770 and today the number was 02085398900 and tried to call me twice.

I think todays number might have been a company number? Not sure about fridays though? Sorry i'm just curious because it seems a bit weird. What do you think?

a girl at work got a missed call today from the 020 number you mentioned. Tried to Google it, but nothing came up.
    so im not the only one!
    Ballerina wrote:
    so im not the only one!

I reckon that it is a scam - you phone back and get a huge bill in return
    its a layton number..... :chin:
    Ballerina wrote:

Wow. Freaky. I just like signed up for these boards to talk about this. 02085398900 also rang me twice at 13:09 and then 13:10. On the 21/06/06. I searched on Google for this number (99% knowing that nothing was going to come up- and then this post did). Its pretty freaky, but i don't have a clue what it is either. The only reason (some other person posted) that they would of hung up- is to get you to ring them back. Which would cost about £15 a minute! :crazyeyes So.. you're not the only one! :D
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Would explain why this thread has such a huge number of views..
    wow its back from the dead
This discussion has been closed.