Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eye thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Soo I have this...like...lump on my eye.

its not very big...kind of pea sized but not so round. Its not a stye (is that what they're called?) because its not actual near the inside of my eye its at the top of my eyelid so you can only really see it properly if i close it.

I've had it for about a month and a half now, at first it was pretty painful and red but now its not sore or red at all, just...there! Its not getting any bigger or any smaller.

The thing is my Mum keeps telling me to go to the doctors since its just appeared by itself but I dont think I need to, I feel really silly going over such a trivial thing considering its not painful at all and not causing me any problems!

Do I need to go or not? her nagging is starting to bug me. hehe.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You've got a lump the size of the pea on your eye and you're not sure whether you should see a doctor about it?? No wonder you're getting nagged!

Go see a doctor about it as soon as you can or at least ring NHS Direct.
    Sounds like it's one of these things : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalazion
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    Go see a doctor about it as soon as you can or at least ring NHS Direct.

:yes:
    The thing is my Mum keeps telling me to go to the doctors since its just appeared by itself but I dont think I need to, I feel really silly going over such a trivial thing considering its not painful at all and not causing me any problems!

I don't want to worry you or owt, but this is one occasion when you should listen to your mum.

Anything that just appears out of nowhere is something you should get checked out, for your peace of mind (or your mum's) as much as anything else. :)
    definately get it checked out, as its wierd since its just sudenyl appeared+it has bene painful in the past. Make sure you tell the doctor this.
    Go to the doctor....I think you already know thats what you should do.

It might just be a wart, try not to worry! xx