Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i hate morons!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
some idiot rang into lincoln college this mornin with a bomb threat, which then resulted in the whole campus being evacuated, plus my flats. so ive just spent two hours in town without brushing my hair or cleaning my teeth and without any make up on coz some idiot thought it would be funny to make a crank call! :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Nice bit of fun for the morning :p

I used to love it when the fire bells went off at my school,even if it was cold standing in the tennis courts was always loads better than double french, ha :cool:
  • Options
    when i was at school someone phoned up and said there was a bomb so we had to spend the whole afternoon sat on the school field while police nad dogs ran about the place searching for a bomb.... there wasnt one.
  • Options
    Sounds like someone had a lecture they didn't want to go to...
  • Options
    yeh but i wasnt exactly chuffed seeing as it was my flat i was gettin chucked out of, not a lesson lol, my building is based on the college campus so it effects us too
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I like how you say "No makeup on" as if it's as important as non-messed hair and clean teeth.

Whoever did that should be arrested though. Can't they find who it was?
  • Options
    im not sure, we werent really told much apart from that they'd got a call and had to search everywhere to be safe.
  • Options
    Yeah. Morons do suck. They suck more than sporks. And we all know how worthless and crappy sporks are.
  • Options
    I hate morons too. I had to navigate London Victoria train station in rush hour, and was sorely tempted to thump a few people.
  • Options
    I hate morons too. I had to navigate London Victoria train station in rush hour, and was sorely tempted to thump a few people.

Oh do it! :hyper:
  • Options
    I might on my way home on Sunday :hyper:

Although there will be less morons, as its the weekend.
  • Options
    This happened in my high school when I was in year 8. We spent 2 hours in the pouring rain in a muddy field. It wasn't fun especially as we were evacuated just before our lunch hour too. There was police and fireman and everything searching for a bomb that never existed.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    This happened in my high school when I was in year 8. We spent 2 hours in the pouring rain in a muddy field. It wasn't fun especially as we were evacuated just before our lunch hour too. There was police and fireman and everything searching for a bomb that never existed.
    Sounds similar to what happened when I was in year 9, the fire alarm went off and we were kept there for ages in the rain, over lunch and everything. We weren't told until afterwards that the canteen had caught fire, so at least there was a reason for us standing out there.
  • Options
    The annoying thing for us was is that as soon as we were allowed back into the buildings we had to get to our lessons. I didn't bring a packed lunch that day so got nothing...alot of students went hungry that day.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The closest thing to this that I know was when some idiot called an airport and said there was a bomb. It was, as you imagine, a mess. At least in the end they traced the call and arrested her.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my_name wrote:
    Yeah. Morons do suck. They suck more than sporks. And we all know how worthless and crappy sporks are.
    whats a spork? is it a cross between a spoon and a fork?
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

you get those in KFC with your coleslaw :thumb: :yum:
  • Options
    There's a bomb on thesite! Everyone evacuate!
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There's a bomb on thesite! Everyone evacuate!

It's ok, Jim V carried out a controlled explosion.
  • Options
    We had a girl who wanted to top herself in school, who decided to have her last fag in the toilets and use it to set fire to the bin, which she then planned to jump in. Lmao. We got out of about 3 hours worth of lessons, it was a fantastic day.
  • Options
    when i was in halls in year 1 of uni some fuckers in another building decided they couldnt go outside to smoke to more nights than not, the entire hallf got evakuated and had to stand out in the cold in the middle of winter in pjamas at like 3am

:|
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    sp-ti-spork.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, they are not a wonderful invention. They make a lousy fork and an even lousier spoon.