Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ketamine study - can you help?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From reading the recent posts in this thread I honestly can't understand why people use K, I know I can't knock it till I've tried it and I'm certainly not judging anyone who does but it sounds so bloody scary. Wheres the pleasure in being sleepy? :eek2:

Well it doesn't just make you sleepy - in fact i dont really feel sleepy, more mongy and wibbly wobbly.

The hallucination side can be nice as well, and it can also be a bit 'out of body' it's quite hard to describe really.

Doing K on pills or on a come down is nice.
    Wheres the pleasure in being sleepy? :eek2:

It doesn't always make people sleepy though. It's not like valium and other downers. It's a dissociative drug.
    Addict wrote:
    It doesn't always make people sleepy though. It's not like valium and other downers. It's a dissociative drug.

Exactly, sleepy is a bad way of describing it, it is a dissociative hallucinogenic, you are taken out of your body and you dont recognise it as your own, it seperates the mind from the physical sensations of the body.
    bongbudda wrote:
    it seperates the mind from the physical sensations of the body.

That's the best part, the things you can do (or imagine you do) on Ketamine are just excellent... Also I have notice that some people if they do not understand how te trip work they seem to get lost and don't enjoy themselves as much as the ones who know how to play with it...
    bongbudda wrote:
    Exactly, sleepy is a bad way of describing it, it is a dissociative hallucinogenic, you are taken out of your body and you dont recognise it as your own, it seperates the mind from the physical sensations of the body.

Thanks that has explained it better for me to understand.

l've been thinking about this for a few days, wondering where the pleasure comes from then I thought about alcohol and why I enjoy being drunk, I enjoy feeling giggly and light headed, I'm not comparing the experiences but its wrong of me to question the motives of using one drug (ketamine) over another which I use (alcohol).

Basically I realised its really hard to ask someone to explain why they use it when I cant explain why I drink.

I find it interesting to learn about what the different drugs feel like yet I've never wanted to experiment myself. :chin: