Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Emo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I received the following classic email from my friend today following a discussion about emo kids and i thought i would share it with you

"I made an emo kid cry at school today! its my new hobby, i told him that regardless of how upsetting life may be, that a deadline is a deadline...

One of the more subtle attributes of an emo adolescent is that, in opposition to rebelling against thier immediate predecessing generations they actually like to try and impress you with thier music and it means alot to them if you are into the same thing! It ends up that (as im sure Emily is familiar with, being a primary school teacher) you develop a lunchtime following of whiney post metallers who hang about spending their time trying to impress you with the depth of thier pain and stories of lempsip overdoses and girls they nearly went out with. All this because you told them that you liked their bullet for my valentine tshirt on a school outing!

Another peculiar feature of this genre obsessed species of youth is the raised volume level of conversation when they feel they are talking about something wild that has happened ( see lempsip overdose above). Whilst the conversations start at a reasonable decibel level, as each of the group tries to out do eachother with stories of mild debauchery, the volume slowly increases in a vain attempt to impress every member of the public in the local vicinity. They mostly like to do this on trains and in gig queues.

Ho hum. until they replace "shop a yob" with "shop an emo kid" this will no doubt continue, nevermind, all in the name of alternative culture, the machine rolls on!"