Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ackward situation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all, basically our uni group decided to organise a formal for everyone on our course. Since splitting up with my boyfriend, me and my friend decided to go together (we'll call him F). Anyway tonight I learned that he asked one of our mutual friends to suss out a girl -L who lives in halls, to determine whether she likes him or not.

Le sigh. Surely if you're asking somebody to suss a lass out it means you're interested. And I don't want to pull him at this formal (at least I didn't think so until I learned he may not be available) but I do feel really ackward now as it's obvious he's wanting into this other girl. If there's chemistry between them I don't want to get in the way.

Do I offer him the choice of going with her or just stick with him and slope off after dinner n leave them to it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think if he agreed to go with you, then he should stick to it and really go with you. That means not looking over his shoulder all night to get a better view of this girl.

If I were you I'd offer him the chance to go with her instead - if he says "no, don't worry, I'm going with you", then make it clear that you won't be putting up with being ditched after the meal for someone else. If he's your friend this is the least of respect you should expect from him.

If he's interested in this other girl then it's his own business to find another moment to hit on her.

Hope you have a nice time whatever you decide to do...
    Thanks, think I will do. He was asked if I asked him out, he "wouldn't say no" :yeees: If he wants to get in her size 10's that's fine, I just don't want him sitting there the whole night thinking, "GODD i wish I'd taken her instead"
    If you've given him the option of going with her, then he shouldn't be sitting there thinking that. Like Bluewisdom said, if he's interested in this girl he can hit on her another time!

He was asked, if YOU asked him out, he wouldn't say no? U mean, if you two were to get back together?