Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm going for it.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right now I'm running on adrenaline. I feel well motivated and fearless. Will probably disappear by tomorrow though...

It's to do with a girl. I know she's right for me, I hope I can be right for her. I spoke to her a while back and she didn't want to ruin being friends. Alot has changed since then, I hope.

I'm going to go for it, not just by asking "Will you go out with me". I'm just going to take her out. I've never showed anyone my affectionate side and tomorrow its coming out. It has to work. I'm going to make it work. Fuck it, if it all goes wrong, I'm still young, I've got plenty more opportunities.

On another note, I accidentally downloaded some acapella. It's quite good.

Anybody done the fuck it approach?

Lawton.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like your style today, Lawton. I've not really done anything huge on impulse, but it always feels good. Go for it.
    Lawton wrote:
    Right now I'm running on adrenaline. I feel well motivated and fearless. Will probably disappear by tomorrow though...

It's to do with a girl. I know she's right for me, I hope I can be right for her. I spoke to her a while back and she didn't want to ruin being friends. Alot has changed since then, I hope.

I'm going to go for it, not just by asking "Will you go out with me". I'm just going to take her out. I've never showed anyone my affectionate side and tomorrow its coming out. It has to work. I'm going to make it work. Fuck it, if it all goes wrong, I'm still young, I've got plenty more opportunities.

Lawton.

What are you actually gonna do?

How are you taking her out without asking her? I'm confused. It sounds dead exciting though.

Where are you taking her? I'm sure she'll love it, gud luck but you wont need it I'm sure. ;)
    Yes I've gone the whole implusive thing, it worked we are still together nearly 16 months later, go for I say, as you never know unless you try.
    Well, unfortunately its her birthday. So I'll probably only end up grabbing coffee but the cinema is an option.

I've never done this kind of thing before. My mum says I'm handsome :p. Haha, no, it was getting me down - and then I figured that I had not really tried to be romantic or affectionate. So here goes.

I'm just going to get her to go into town and then instead of telling her I like her, I'm just going to act like I like her.

Thanks for all the support guys :)
    I always do the fuck it approach because, most of the time, it doesn't matter.
    Lawton wrote:
    Well, unfortunately its her birthday. So I'll probably only end up grabbing coffee but the cinema is an option.

I've never done this kind of thing before. My mum says I'm handsome :p. Haha, no, it was getting me down - and then I figured that I had not really tried to be romantic or affectionate. So here goes.

I'm just going to get her to go into town and then instead of telling her I like her, I'm just going to act like I like her.

Thanks for all the support guys :)

Thats a really good idea and for the record I think you seem like a really great guy I would love to be swept off my feet like that. Don't change your personality for her though. You know that Mums never lie!! So I'm guessing you're pretty hot! :flirt:
    Lawton wrote:
    I think this is by far the best thing you can do. I would absolutely love it if a guy did that for me. That's what girls want, a guy who goes out there to get what he wants, and sweep her off her feet. I just wish more guys were like you!

I'll be crossing my fingers for you tomorrow, Lawton..
    Thats a really good idea and for the record I think you seem like a really great guy I would love to be swept off my feet like that. Don't change your personality for her though. You know that Mums never lie!! So I'm guessing you're pretty hot! :flirt:

Hey Lawton, if it doesnt work out with this girl, you've got one here lined up :thumb:

I got with my girflriend through unplanned spontaneity, although we did like each other before. Almost two years now and still have a fantastic time :)
    Lawton wrote:

Lawton.

Good on you mate!

imo thats the only way to do it, there is no point in mucking around. If you like someone you should just go for it, if it works then great, if it dont then move on!

I have always done it like this, sometimes your dissapointed, sometimes its great!

Good luck mate, let us know how it goes!
    Hey Lawton, if it doesnt work out with this girl, you've got one here lined up :thumb:

I always thought you were a bloke? :p
    JamesZero wrote:
    I always thought you were a bloke? :p

:yeees:

It would have been the beard that caught you out, probably. :cool:
    Fair play to ya huni - Let us know how things go sure.

I would do that sometimes. Not as often as I should though.
    I did this once, I was drunk, it was the sixth form ball, and it makes me cringe to this day.
    my current boyfriend just showed me he liked me, rather than comin and tellin me and it won me over.... i say go for it!
    I did this once, I was drunk, it was the sixth form ball, and it makes me cringe to this day.

Come on tell us what happened??
    Well I was totally plastered. And got given a 30min pep talk by some strange lower sixth former I was for some reason chatting to. Something about taking risks in life to get what to want or something.

I wont say exactly what happened because my brain just wont let it out.

But to put a long story short, I told a really hot girl that I fancied her in a really embarrising way. Then I had to relive my drunken antics when I had to come in for exams. Probably one of my worst memories...ever.

Take into account that I'm probably one of the most shy person you'll ever meet, and a bit of a..maybe even total geek (badge worn with pride).
    Well I was totally plastered. And got given a 30min pep talk by some strange lower sixth former I was for some reason chatting to. Something about taking risks in life to get what to want or something.

I wont say exactly what happened because my brain just wont let it out.

But to put a long story short, I told a really hot girl that I fancied her in a really embarrising way. Then I had to relive my drunken antics when I had to come in for exams. Probably one of my worst memories...ever.

Take into account that I'm probably one of the most shy person you'll ever meet, and a bit of a..maybe even total geek (badge worn with pride).

Thats not bad at all, I'm sure she was chuffed to hear someone liked her. Either that or she would have been so drunk anyway and can't remember. Seriously honey that is not bad and also geekiness is attractive when the 'geek' in question is proud of it. Infact anything is attractive when its done with confidence and pride (I say anything but you know there are exceptions). x
    Hmmmm o/t but I remember Mum saying that "bullies are cowards so if you stand up to them they will run away"

:no:

You know that Mums never lie!!
    Little update:

I didn't see her on friday, she was doing some theatre work. Gay. Anyway, I saw her today, but didn't do anything wild as it was in a group setting. Next opportunity I will.