Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

am i still covered?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was stressed about an exam this morning and i forgot to take my pill. I just took it about 15 min ago when my mum told me. I think the leaflet said as long as i take it within 12 hours of the usual time then i'm ok...but someone got rid of it. I'm planning to go away with my bf tomorrow night...so i just want to check that i'm covered?

Comments

• Options
    yes if you take it within 12 hours, don't worry. try and make sure you take it at the same time-ish on the other days though. could you set an alarm to remind you to take it?
  • Options
    yes if you take it within 12 hours, don't worry. try and make sure you take it at the same time-ish on the other days though. could you set an alarm to remind you to take it?
    i take it at the same ish time most days...apart from weekends as i get up a bit later. I have a routine so i don't forget....i just ended up getting stuck in my notes and worrying about the exam.
  • Options
    It depends on the pill.

Microgynon 30 and similar can be taken up to 12 hours after the usual time, but mini-pills can't.

You should really be wearing a condom with your boyfriend anyway, unless you have both been tested for STIs.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It depends on the pill.

Microgynon 30 and similar can be taken up to 12 hours after the usual time, but mini-pills can't.

You should really be wearing a condom with your boyfriend anyway, unless you have both been tested for STIs.
    well we're going to use condoms anyway and we're both virgins, i'm just double checking
  • Options
    Well so long as you use condoms as well, I'm sure everything will be grand :)
  • Options
    All I would say in these situations is, if in any doubt, use a condom. Better be safe than sorry, after all.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    some mini pills have been upped to 12 hours not 2 like it used to be. cerozete being the only one i can think of the name of