Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

beer bellies and exercise!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
**not sure if this should be here, or in sports+fitness, so its in both. Mods, feel free to delete as appropriate.**

My fella+i have recently started going to the gym again. i wanted to tone up my legs+hips, and he wants to lose his beer belly. So, im looking for advice+hints as to how he can lose it.
So far he's cut down on fizzy drinks+drunk more water (he only drinks a few beers when he goes out, about once a fortnight), started going the gym again and doing abit more walking and eating healthier.
Is there anything else he can do to help?? He has trouble doing sit-ups, as he hurt hisback a while ago.
Also, guys, how long does it take (roughly) to lose a beer belly??
thanx

Comments

• Options
    Why would he want to lose it? He paid good money for that!

sorry couldn't resist, I think jogging/swimming tone up your whole body and gets rid of excess weight. Maybe you could ask some of the trainers that work at the gym I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
  • Options
    From my experiance, it will probably take about 6months to a year to rid a beer belly.

If he really wants to lose it, then he's gonna have to eat right and exercise.

Basically, I never went to a gym, but ran/jogged and used some weights. Cant remember the exact amount of time it took, but it was probably close to 6 months. It might sound like a long time, but think about the fact that it probably takes double that to gradually gain one in the first place.

I'm in no way qualified to give any sort of educated advice, but here's what I think will work.

1) Walk off some weight
    2) Use weights to tone up
    3) Then start running or jogging.

Situps are probably best avoided until the person lost the beer belly first.

Things to avoid:
    1) Not drinking enough water
    2) Not eating enough
    - if you stop eating high-fat and sugar foods, then you need even more 'healthy' food to make up calories.