Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Iraqi PM to US - "Don't interfere"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The Iraqi prime minister has warned the US not to interfere in Iraqi politics and defended his ties with Moqtada al-Sadr and his radical Shia militia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4860286.stm

Meanwhile, more and more bodies of people tortured and executed by the Interior Ministry's death squads continue to pile up on the streets of Baghdad.

Looks like Iraq has taken another step towards becoming a repressive Shia theocracy - thanks for making the world safe for radical Islam, Tony and George!

Comments

• Options
    No no no. You got it all wrong! We liberated Iraq and made it the vibrant democracy it is today! In fact the Iraqis are all very grateful to Britan and the US for making their country such a good place to live.

All those women being able to walk about in Saddam's era wearing jeans and make up and exposing their arm and legs... outrageous! Luckily Sharia Law is coming and the women of Iraq will be eternally in debt of Bush and Blair for their 'liberation'.
  • Options
    Hurrah for freedom!

trall050901.gif
  • Options
    I have a suggestion, i know it is extreme and will cost lives...but why dont the Coalition forces ignore the rules of occupationand impose a secret police state they control and hunt down and tortue and kill ALL extremists and flood the country with alcohol and so forth as it was in Saddams day, in essence turn back the clock a couple of years.
  • Options
    The coalition has stomped all over the rules of occupation with Size 10 boots. They’ve tortured people, detained thousands without trial, you name it. They’ve helped the Iraqis set up a new secret police squad. There’s death squads roaming the streets and secret torture centres. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

All that’s missing is the booze, and I don’t think al-Sadr’s men are too keen on that…
  • Options
    but why dont the Coalition forces ignore the rules of occupation

They already have many times over, along with countless other long established international laws.
  • Options
    Because then the last vestiges of their excuses for having waged an illegal war and occupation on Iraq, that they were doing it to liberate the Iraqis from Saddam's brutal regime, would be brushed away.

Not to mention that it would solve little and make things worse.

The allies have lost the war- they just don't know it yet. The longer it takes them to realise it, the worse. But unless there is a miracle we will once again witness the last Westerners hurriedly evacuating the place like it happened in a certain Asian country a generation ago:

T051584A.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder how long it is before he meets with an accident.
  • Options
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that Al. Behind the sound and the fury, this bogus imposed Iraqi administration needs US forces to protect their new-found privilege.

Without US forces, dear mssrs. Chalabi and Allawi would have to trundle all the way back to Dearborn Michigan and London, respectively, to resume their less visible roles as CIA lackies and wanted embezzlers. We couldn't have that now could we? ;)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    The allies have lost the war- they just don't know it yet. The longer it takes them to realise it, the worse. But unless there is a miracle we will once again witness the last Westerners hurriedly evacuating the place like it happened in a certain Asian country a generation ago:

T051584A.jpg
    :lol: I've been looking for that picture for fucknig AGES.
    I can't remember why now. Oh well, ta anyhoo.

Erm, yeah, we fucked up big time. Ah well, at least now we've pissed the Middle East off - they are not lying anymore! We MADE a big Islamic Extremist threat by invading them!
    10/10 for effort, New Right Western Leaders!