Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is BBC News getting worse?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's got more realism than most news we hear about, I'll give you that... anyone want to help get this project off the ground? Where do you fancy having your offices? :p

Might as well save travel time and beam it live from Belmarsh. :p
    It used to seem really educated and informed, lots of politics and the like, recently there seems to be a lot of tabloidy stuff in there (this is quite hard to put into words, so excuse me ;)), like having piss-poor puns as the headlines and such. There was a satirical piece on wild cats in britain as well, where it said things like 'The lynx is still living there today. Stuffed and mounted.' And I can just tell the journalist wanted to write "LMAO!!!" after that, or something.

Just seems more noise than news at the minute. Seems a shame :(

I've noticed over the last few months it's becoming increasingly difficult to actually understand the specifics of what the BBC publishes on their website - i've noticed several articles with terribly ambiguous wording. Really poor stuff.

There seems to be a habit on the football section of reporting a transfer rumour and failing to mention who the guy actually plays for - absolutely dire journalism.
    anonymous authors

Says he who uses this lame regurgitation to mask his own deplorable grasp of any history not duly twisted to apologise for his own extremist ideological beliefs.

Note, once again for the record, that the "anonymous" website to which he refers was clearly linked to the UNISPAL documented report on Pre-State Palestinian populations (subsequently and ethnocidally driven from their towns and villages before they were razed to create Dis' "land without a people" myth).

But then, Dis has shown his preference for Jerusalem Post quality "news", which says about all one needs to know about his judgement of reliable information sources. :lol:

[edited to add:
    bizarre conspiracy theorist sources

Do be so kind as to astound us all with a recap of which sites particularly fall into your delusioned category of "bizarre" sources. Truth is, you use that throw away dismissal so often you couldn't tell the difference between documented evidentiary research and unsupported assertions if you tried.

That you subscribe to CNN's standard reliance upon the latter (with requisite parade of "official" pundits making their unsubstantiated claims as "fact") is further demonstration of your utter gullibility.
    But then, Dis has shown his preference for Jerusalem Post quality "news", which says about all one needs to know about his judgement of reliable information sources.

Where have I shown a ‘preference’ for the Jerusalem Post? I look at the Jerusalem Post and Haaretz websites from time to time as well as using the BBC and CNN sites and reading the British broadsheets. Er a pretty bizarre allegation even for you Clan. For the record anyway the JP is a pretty decent newspaper and reasonably balanced although I probably prefer Haaretz.