Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

goodbye to the britain we know and love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4856074.stm

ID cards will come in, wont be compulsory until 2010, but the data will be by 2008 :|

im moving away and setting up an organisation to stop it

just how do we stop it?

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty ignorent. Why is it a bad thing?

So far I've got that it will be tough on asylum seekers. Because you won't be able to do ANYTHING without one of those cards.
  • Options
    Won't make any difference to Terrorism.

Spain had ID cards remember.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    I'm pretty ignorent. Why is it a bad thing?

So far I've got that it will be tough on asylum seekers. Because you won't be able to do ANYTHING without one of those cards.

do you even know what an asylum seeker is? they have the legal right to behave as a uk citizen until their refugee claim is sorted out

and illegal immigrants strangely find housing and work already, what makes you think the slavedrivers will register :lol:
  • Options
    do you even know what an asylum seeker is? they have the legal right to behave as a uk citizen until their refugee claim is sorted out

and illegal immigrants strangely find housing and work already, what makes you think the slavedrivers will register :lol:

Alright, no need to laugh. I did say that I didn't have a clue.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Alright, no need to laugh. I did say that I didn't have a clue.

sorry im nervously laughing of this development :shocking:
  • Options

ID cards will come in, wont be compulsory until 2010, but the data will be by 2008 :|

just how do we stop it?
    you won't,its the thin end of the wedge....dictatorship looms,beware!
  • Options
    im either moving away or getting a room in her majestys pleasure for not getting one
  • Options
    im either moving away or getting a room in her majestys pleasure for not getting one
    where ye gonna run to? i wonder about travellers,i mean i can't imagine them wanting one can you? they don't pay tax and get away with it,so what will the government do about about them?

run to the hills i say!!!!....before you get micro chipped like a dog!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    ,its the thin end of the wedge.... !
    the thin end was hammered in some time back mate.
  • Options
    France have been having ID cards since I can remember, didn't stop us from having terrorist attacks or anything. That's just an excuse.
  • Options
    Thank fuck I'm no longer a citizen.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    how come you're not a citizen?

For the love of God dont ask him that!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Nah, write to your wonderful governmeent and ask them factually when and where you became a citizen, and that if you don't hear back from them within 28 days then you will assume that you aren't one and the matter is settled.

They won't answer you.

Why? because if they do identify a time and place that made you a citizen then people would start to not become one at that point so as to avoid taxes. So they won't give the option.

If they write back saying it's because you are within borders, ask for evidence that this is the case.

The 28 day bit is a default clause, the same as they put on their parking tickets and other legal mumbo jumbo, that assumes an assertion after a set period of time.

Ofc, getting them to honour it in the long run might be quite the task because they never, ever, ever follow the law if they can possibly help it. But that's ok, I'll settle for revealing them as the thugs and parasites they really are and which no one believes.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    do you pay taxes?

A more interesting question would be, would you refuse to go to hospital if you were in a car crash?
  • Options
    do you pay taxes?

As little as I can possibly manage to. I can say hand on heart I haven't paid income tax for two years or council tax for three and i don't have a TV licence and all that other shit either.

I generally hide as much as I can however. Hiding is a much better option than fighting, I can tell you that for free.

The point at which Joolyknockers abandoned the discussion around "countries and tax" is usually where it ends in RL as well.
  • Options
    A more interesting question would be, would you refuse to go to hospital if you were in a car crash?

Not at all. They voluntarily decide to help me, I let them.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

And the payment for this you would of course give them afterwards?
  • Options
    And the payment for this you would of course give them afterwards?

Why would I do that?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Why would I do that?

Well lets look at it the other way, why are you so great that you deserve the benefits of taxation without actually paying it?

If you dont want to pay tax, dont, thats fine with me. But if you want to use the NHS at some point then pay for it.
  • Options
    fair enough, i think that's reasonable given your political views on the matter.

ok ok. I don't consider these political views. I just think they are facts.
    unfortunately, whether you like it or not, when you live within the boundaries of state (and i am 100% in agreement with you that those boundaries are fictitious, by the way)

Can you sort that out for us? You say that when I live within the boundaries of the state I have to do certain things, but you are also saying that I don't live within the boundaries of the state.
    you will to a greater or lesser extent benefit from certain of the services and protections that the state provides and that are paid for by taxes.

No. Heres why. If I do something that benefits you but did it merely for my own selfish ends (say i put up a light on my porch that illuminates the street) you would be well within your rights to tell me to get stuffed if I asked you for cash for doing it.

If I bake a cake and then force you to take a slice using a gun and then demand payment afterwards, you wouldn't think this fair. Neither do I.
    i know you consider it theft, because no one asked you whether you want to live here, pay taxes and benefit from those protections

What protections?
    but like bongbudda says, if you get ill, you'd use the hospitals.

Obviously. What's wrong with that?
    you probably have a car and drive it on the roads,

Car tax is regrettably unavoidable, because they keep taking your car away over and over until you get one.
    steals from you or harms you, you'd expect the police to act.

Not really, they very very rarely do anything. unless it's a high profile murder they do fuck all. They certainly don't protect anyone except those in the state's interests.
    you might not have chosen any of this, might prefer it if you could live outside of this system...but you can't. so, is it so unreasonable that you contribute to this system that you do benefit from, even if you didn't choose it?

Yes, of course it is. If I was only to be asked to pay for only those things I used I would jump at the chance. As it is, my taxes to pay for "police protection" etc actually get used to blow up cities and keep people like Prezza in ferrari's and helicopters. Quite frankly, fuck that. If I ask for a service like protection and don't get it, I am well within my rights to withhold payment.

Now then. There are a few things i would like to point out. Firstly, there is no state, so when I argue around these areas, what i usually get back are arguments from people's pasts - for example if the "you don't like it leave" and the "pay your fair share under this roof" arguments aren't memories of a whinging mum or dad at your teenage self I will eat my hat.

Secondly, there is no real money anymore. There is just debt. That being the case - I, Klintock, do solemnly swear that i will pay the bearer upon demand the sum of £15,000,000. Happy now?
  • Options
    Well lets look at it the other way, why are you so great that you deserve the benefits of taxation without actually paying it?

What benefits are these exactly?
    If you dont want to pay tax, dont, thats fine with me. But if you want to use the NHS at some point then pay for it.

I must have pumped in hundreds of thousands of pounds into the taxation system. Alright with you if I leave off paying any more in until I get something back?

Good good.
  • Options
    Klintock, do you live in the Yukon?

Cliff Hanna was convicted in territorial court late last month of failing to file income tax returns for the past three years.

He attempted to persuade the justice of the peace, Garry Burgess, that he is a free man who owes the government nothing.

In a sworn affidavit, he declared that the name James Clifford Hanna was put on his birth certificate many years ago in Alberta without his permission. He disclaimed responsibility for debts or obligations the government may now assign to that name.

He said people continue to be defrauded into believing their birth certificates oblige them to obey demands of the Crown. He added there is no record anywhere that he ever accepted the Hanna name.

The fact he occasionally responds to the name means nothing, Hanna said.

"I respond to 'Uncle' from my niece and nephews, and 'Meow' from my aunt's cats, but it is doubtful that any of these is my true name," he argued in court documents.
    :D

http://www.cbc.ca/story/news/national/2006/02/03/no-name.html
  • Options
    AHh paytriots.

>sigh<

You cannot advance an argument to the parasites, they will just tell you to get stuffed.

You can ask them questions.
  • Options

just how do we stop it?

I'm glad I'll hopefully be moving abroad before all this ID card fuckery comes around - but I don't think it's going to be around for that long anyway. ID cards were compulsory during WWII but after a few years of having to carry them in peacetime people got fed up with them and managed to get rid of them - I reckon the same thing will happen again.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Now who is the fucking thief? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Now who is the fucking thief? :rolleyes:

it's a crime to steal from thieves?