Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work Placement help please

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm hoping to do a woek placement in a playschool/nursery (this is because it's related to the NVQ I want to do in September) and I need to write a letter asking if anyone would take me on. What sorts of things would need to be included in the letter? So far I have mentioned some previous experiences (babysitting)and have explained that I want this placement because I'm hoping that it will help mewith my career later on in life. If anyone wants me to, I can post what I've written so far.
thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They may well want you to have a CRB check, though thats not always definitely needed just for work placement.

Also, it would do you well to know some of the regulations and what not, a bit of research would help here.

Also, you may want to get into contact with your council, sounds odd but most have a work placement department which sort this sort of thing out for schools etc. You may be able to blag some information or even a placement through them.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Sofie - have a look at TheSite's article on work experience as it includes a section on getting a placement. The letter should be brief - what you've mentioned so far seems great as those are the questions they will initially want to know the answers to - why you want to do it and what relevant experience you have.

Hope you find a place soon - good luck :)
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    They may well want you to have a CRB check, though thats not always definitely needed just for work placement.

That's the police check thing, isn't it?

Helen - thank you for that link, will have a look later.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    That's the police check thing, isn't it?

Yep. Their website is www.disclosure.gov.uk I think, or something similar to that.
  • Options
    Hiya, yes get as much work experience as possible it'll do wonders to your confidence and skills, not to mention looking brilliant when you go for a job. The school/nursery will recieve loads of letters asking for experience and are usually desperate for an extra pair of hands so you'll be really welcome.

Just a nice letter saying your name, age, course your gonna be joining and what type of experience you want, saying you will do it unpaid etc. Thats all you need, you could even just give them a quick call.

As far as the police check they will insist on this but many will let you carry on your experience while its being checked. It just asks your name, address whether you've got any convictions, only take you a minute to fill out.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. X
  • Options
    you could even just give them a quick call.

This is what one of the teachers at school suggested I do.