Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is the maximun number of packs can i run together

Comments

• Options
    I think 3 is the recomended amount, but i have accidentaly done more before and it didn't do anything horrible to me, just try and keep count though :p
  • Options
    I read a study once (cant remember what it was, i will try see if i can find it) where they got women to do it every month (so they effectively never had a period) for I think at least 6 months.. I remember that they found that 50% or the women got really ill and had to stop doing it. If i found where i read it, I will link it.
  • Options
    ive done it for over a year for medical reasons and ive yet to notice adverse effects.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    ive done it for over a year for medical reasons and ive yet to notice adverse effects.

:yes:
    I found this article while looking last night. http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/62/71562.htm?pagenumber=1
    Most things I have read say three months, but I've run across the articles that have said people have done it 6 months, a year and what not and had no bad effects. Though they always recomend talking to your doctor first.
  • Options
    The general rule is that if you want to do it for more than two months back to back you should speak to your GP first.
    Although many women do successfully run many packs together, others experience horrible side effects and increased PMT so it really is best to only do it if you have to.
  • Options
    spanner wrote:
    , others experience horrible side effects to.

Definatly. I tried to do it earlier in March so I wouldn't be broken for a trip, I havn't stopped bleeding since and tomorrow it would have been a whole cycle :( Poopyness.
  • Options
    I've had 6 packs back to back (after asking the doctor) and didn't have any problems. I usually take 3 packs back to back under doctors orders. I wouldn't do if I thought my periods would be OK without tri-cycling though cos I just feel weird by the end of the 3rd packet; doesn't feel normal. :confused: