Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

is anyone multiple?

was just wondering if anyone was multiple...

If yes is it hard for you to deal with it or not?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I guess no-one is, good for you all :thumb:
  • Options
    No I don't, do you?

There was a guy on the bus once and he was talking to his friend and every time he crossed his legs he changed into a character of a woman called Christine. I know I shouldn't have been listening in but I was so interested his friend just carried on having two conversations with him.
  • Options
    No I don't, do you?

There was a guy on the bus once and he was talking to his friend and every time he crossed his legs he changed into a character of a woman called Christine. I know I shouldn't have been listening in but I was so interested his friend just carried on having two conversations with him.
    Thats weird and interesting at the same time.
  • Options
    was just wondering if anyone was multiple...

If yes is it hard for you to deal with it or not?

Just wondering what you mean by this? I've never heard of multiple before?
  • Options
    spanner wrote:

The mini title thing said mulitple personality disorder I think.
  • Options
    ah yes sorry - missed that bit!
  • Options
    No one on earth has it. It's bollocks, obviously.
  • Options
    No I don't, do you?

Yes I have actually, but manage to control it quite ok now tho.

That's quite fucked up, mine are both male tho.
  • Options
    spanner wrote:

Multiple is just a term used for peple with multiple personality disoreder, you say the are multiple.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    No one on earth has it. It's bollocks, obviously.

I fucking wish no one could have it believe me...
  • Options
    Do you know which hemisphere of your brain the lesions are in that cause your symptoms, mate?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Do you know which hemisphere of your brain the lesions are in that cause your symptoms, mate?

No idea, I have been followed be psychatrists a big part of my life they did shit loads of tests and all they could come up with is that I had something but they didn't know what. Really helpful...

Also I have never explain them the problem as it was really, but it has been there since I can remember. For a long time I actually thought I was possessed instead, it is just lately that the multiple personality disorder seems to be the closest of what I got. There is definatly something taking over my body, it took me more than 20 years to atually be able to deal with it and control it, well sort off.

But anyone who know me and see me when the other takes over all said I certainly doesn't look like I am myself. I can even have my eyes turning black when the are originaly light bleu. And quite often after I have to vomit as the changes is really painful. Always give me headaches and my eyes hurt like hell.

But then again mental illness are not that easy to define, but all my symptoms are closest to a multiple personality disorder than anything else.
  • Options
    Your eyes change colour??
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:

Yeah I know, it's fucked up, but it has been said to me, it is not me that actually noticed that. That might explain why my eyes hurt when I am coming back to be myself.
  • Options
    Voodoo Ray wrote:
    well they go completely black, could be the iris just dilating completely, but they go black and just look different.
  • Options
    well they go completely black, could be the iris just dilating completely, but they go black and just look different.

Sounds like that to me. :yes:

One of these "personalities" will be good at visual things, and one at either feelingy stuff or auditory stuff, right?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Sounds like that to me. :yes:

One of these "personalities" will be good at visual things, and one at either feelingy stuff or auditory stuff, right?

Well I guess, never try frankly, my other personality doesn't care much about stuff like that tho and he is really not a good guy.

I couldn't even say the stuff my other personality forced me to do when I couldn't control it, cos it was not nice things.

Now he is pretty mcuh leaving in my head (well I guess he always lived there) and we can even communicate, I guess I am not as ill as I used to be.

I could probably have prevented all of that, but I have never taken my psychatrist treatment, well I did when I was in a psychatric hospital as well they force you to it over there.

Never took any pills or else after that, even so I was prescribe with some, as it only hide the problem imo and doesn't fix it.

The road I choose was much harder but after years I have finally manage to take over and be able to control it.
  • Options
    Well I guess, never try frankly, my other personality doesn't care much about stuff like that tho and he is really not a good guy.

I couldn't even say the stuff my other personality forced me to do when I couldn't control it, cos it was not nice things.

Now he is pretty mcuh leaving in my head (well I guess he always lived there) and we can even communicate, I guess I am not as ill as I used to be.

I could probably have prevented all of that, but I have never taken my psychatrist treatment, well I did when I was in a psychatric hospital as well they force you to it over there.

Never took any pills or else after that, even so I was prescribe with some, as it only hide the problem imo and doesn't fix it.

The road I choose was much harder but after years I have finally manage to take over and be able to control it.

Good for you for starting to control it. (that sounds patronising but it isnt meant to be)

I bet its really scary for the people around you to deal with, not to mention you. Do you know whats happening when your other personality takes over? I mean is it like having two personalities at once or does one totally take over?
  • Options
    I've never told anyone this before. I was suspected of having this a few years back. I had barely a clue what it meant back then, and I'm hardly any the wiser now.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've never told anyone this before. I was suspected of having this a few years back. I had barely a clue what it meant back then, and I'm hardly any the wiser now.

What happened? Im so nosey today, tell me to shut up if you like I don't mind
  • Options
    What happened? Im so nosey today, tell me to shut up if you like I don't mind
    I'm not willing to go into details in public. I might tell you privately later.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm not willing to go into details in public. I might tell you privately later.

Okey dokey, no problem sweetie!
  • Options
    Good for you for starting to control it. (that sounds patronising but it isnt meant to be)

I bet its really scary for the people around you to deal with, not to mention you. Do you know whats happening when your other personality takes over? I mean is it like having two personalities at once or does one totally take over?

It used to totally takes over and I could have no memories of what he did, but now it's more like we have a share memories, sometimes it was like I'm still in there, watching everything, but couldn't do shit about it.

People around me were indeed scare, I didn't had much friends back then, don't have a single one left in France and I know for a fact my school was glad when I stopped going there.

Only one of my teacher was really good and kind of understand my problem, she told me something really wise once: "If you had a broken leg everyone would understand and have sympathy for you, but what people don't understand just scare them away"
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:

I think somemental illness as such sometimes are really hard to define and most of psychatrists I think really stinks. They try to understand what they can not understand and go by books instead of per case and in most cases all their solution is pills and other shit like that.
  • Options
    I think somemental illness as such sometimes are really hard to define and most of psychatrists I think really stinks. They try to understand what they can not understand and go by books instead of per case and in most cases all their solution is pills and other shit like that.
    As it happens, they eventually concluded I didn't have it. I started taking anti-depressants for the depression, and that seemed to improve matters. Last year however, I was found to be mildly schizophrenic, which wasn't at all expected.
  • Options
    i saw a program a little while ago about a lady with 7 personalities. she had to have full time carers to look after her, and some of the personalities were quite nasty.
    Used to be called Dissociative Identity Disorder.
  • Options
    I seen that program. Fucked up.

I'd hate to have a multiple personality disorder. It would be so freaky.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Used to be called Dissociative Identity Disorder.

afaik it is now called dissociative identity disorder
  • Options

I agree, the medical model of mental health is far too narrow and limiting.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    afaik it is now called dissociative identity disorder

Yep. From DSM IV
    Dissociative Identity Disorder

Defined as the occurrence of two or more personalities within the same individual, each of which during sometime in the person's life is able to take control.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/dissociative_identity_disorder.htm