Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anti-terrorism legislation

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good point, as I said it makes no difference to me, they can kill as much as they want I just think we should test human too.

We do test on humans, after rats and such, so whats your problem?
    bongbudda wrote:
    We do test on humans, after rats and such, so whats your problem?

My problemS you mean, I have way too much really... :p

Don't know, just felt like being annoying today, probably cos I haven't had a spliff in days :banghead:

We do tests on human only if it is safe enough, I just think that's a bit pathetic as human are not ready to be tested in early stages as well.

At the end of the day if research are so important testing human at early stages could give good results when maybe it doesn't when tested on animals.
    they do not do anything like the same sort of tests on humans as they do on animals. Its unethical and i think its unethical to test on animals too.
    and i dont think a cure for cancer is worth torturing millions of animals for, although thats possibly more acceptable than the reasons the majority of animal vivisection is done for.

I have little sympathy for the people who get their cars blown up when they experiment on animals every day. Youve got to be a cunt to even want to go into that line of work.
    they do not do anything like the same sort of tests on humans as they do on animals. Its unethical and i think its unethical to test on animals too.
    and i dont think a cure for cancer is worth torturing millions of animals for, although thats possibly more acceptable than the reasons the majority of animal vivisection is done for.

I have little sympathy for the people who get their cars blown up when they experiment on animals every day. Youve got to be a cunt to even want to go into that line of work.

so what about the families of people in that line of work, the families who get abuse and torturew every day, and they have nothing to do with animal testing

and by your reckoning, it makes the iraq war perfectly legal, as all they were going into do was kill thousands of iraqi's to stop saddam hussein killing them
    MrG wrote:
    so what about the families of people in that line of work, the families who get abuse and torturew every day, and they have nothing to do with animal testing
    well thats a shame for them. You cant quantify that though.

its got bollocks all to do with the iraq war. keep on topic pls

Or you have to believe in scientific research, much of which is vital, or at the very least important.

I quite agree about unecessary animal testing, though I do have one suggestion.

If the ALF are so against animal testing, how about we start testing on ALF terrorists? Start with napalm, that should do the trick.
    well thats a shame for them. You cant quantify that though.

its got bollocks all to do with the iraq war. keep on topic pls

it has everything to do with it

you say because someone tests on animals, performs acts of cruelty on one of gods creatures (figure of speach im not religious), then its ok to cause terror and bomb their cars

much like it would be ok, to go bomb a country to smithering pieces of feckery, because the people of that country had a leader, who performed acts of cruelty on one of gods other creatures (humankind)

That's a bit harsh - do you think Banting and Best, the men who, through experiments on dogs discovered a treatment for diabetes that meant a diagnoses of diabetes wasn't a death sentence, were cunts?
    Kermit wrote:
    If the ALF are so against animal testing, how about we start testing on ALF terrorists?

That I agree with, if they want to defend animals so bad they can for sure offer themselves.
    well i personally wouldnt bomb their cars. I dont believe in it. I just dont have much sympathy when arseholes have bad things happen to them. Y`know i wouldnt have much sympathy for the ALF either if something bad happened to them, and it probably will. What goes around comes around.
    If a soldier gets shot during war, he signed up for the job, its his own fault.
    well i personally wouldnt bomb their cars. I dont believe in it. I just dont have much sympathy when arseholes have bad things happen to them. Y`know i wouldnt have much sympathy for the ALF either if something bad happened to them, and it probably will. What goes around comes around.
    If a soldier gets shot during war, he signed up for the job, its his own fault.

but its not a innocent civilians fault he got carpet bombd though
    start a fucking thread on the war if you want. I thought i was replying to a thread about animal rights activists.
    If the people who got killed in the war were the politicians who made all the shitty decisions or just other armies who signed up to do it too, then i wouldnt have much of a problem with it.
    im just showing that no matter what someone has done in terms of animal testing, you cannot accept actions of car bombing against them, and then decide its not ok if they were a real terrorist, which they technically are anyway
    I don't believe anyone in there said it was ok to bomb anyone...
    I don't believe anyone in there said it was ok to bomb anyone...

people get away with things, when other people couldnt care less
    Having little sympathy for them doesn't mean it's ok to bomb their car...
    Having little sympathy for them doesn't mean it's ok to bomb their car...

having little sympathy for anyone who has just had their car blown up is a bit heartless to begin with, and then when everyone else starts thinking the same way, it becomes acceptable behaviour
    MrG wrote:
    having little sympathy for anyone who has just had their car blown up is a bit heartless to begin with, and then when everyone else starts thinking the same way, it becomes acceptable behaviour

Well maybe if everyone else start thinking it, but I don't think everyone does, most people have big sympathy for them. Unless 2 people = everyone...

And frankly do you really think sympathy of people they don't even know will make the all thing better for them? If something ever happend to you (let's hope not tho) do you think the will have a lot of sympathy for you?
    Well maybe if everyone else start thinking it, but I don't think everyone does, most people have big sympathy for them. Unless 2 people = everyone...

And frankly do you really think sympathy of people they don't even know will make the all thing better for them? If something ever happend to you (let's hope not tho) do you think the will have a lot of sympathy for you?

you make a fair point,
    but on the other hand im referring to just looking at a case of someone being unsympathetic towards a car bombing victim, without mentioning if its someone you know or dont know
    MrG wrote:
    you make a fair point,
    but on the other hand im referring to just looking at a case of someone being unsympathetic towards a car bombing victim, without mentioning if its someone you know or dont know

Well here no one was hurt, so not having much sympathy for them is ok I think, but if they were killed then I guess the sympathy will go more to their family that had nothing to do with it and will for sure be hurt by the lost of their love one.

Do you take an ethical stance and not use modern medicine then?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do you take an ethical stance and not use modern medicine then?
    nope, dont take much of a stance on it at all tbh. Try and avoid stuff tested on animals in my everyday life, but obviously nearly all medicines are unfortunatly.
    thankfully i rarely take anything. Prefer more natural remdies if i can but im not saying i wouldnt use stuff if it was necessary. That doesnt mean I like the way it was made.
    Im the same with animals for food tbh. I avoid factory farmed stuff, and i hate modern farming and the way people just think all animals are here for is to serve us, for us to test on and to eat when we feel like it, or if theyre cute then we can pet them too, but at the end of the day I still eat meat, and im not always as vigilant about meat and animal produce as id like to be. That doesnt mean i dont care though, and tbh, if someone who raised pigs and chickens in a factory farm got his car bombed I wouldnt shed a tear either.
    So its unethical to test drugs on animals, but if you needed to you would put your life above that of the animals who were tested on?
    bongbudda wrote:
    So its unethical to test drugs on animals, but if you needed to you would put your life above that of the animals who were tested on?
    yeah, in the same way that its unethical to eat meat, but i do it anyway cos im crap and have no willpower.
    If the medicine is there and i need it, ill use it, but i dont agree with how its been tested on - there are plenty of things i disagree with but i dont manage to boycott all of them - thats because of my weakness and general apathy as i get older, not because i think the companies are actually ok.

Theres a difference between me thinking the animal testers are arseholes and not shedding any tears for them, and me going w00t, kill them all.
    Kermit wrote:
    It will be used to illegally detain more 82-year old men who shout "rubbish" at the Foreign Secretary Jack "Man Of" Straw mundane, boring speeches, but it won't be used on these nutters. Why? I have no idea.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It will be used to illegally detain more 82-year old men who shout "rubbish" at the Foreign Secretary Jack "Man Of" Straw mundane, boring speeches, but it won't be used on these nutters. Why? I have no idea.
    :lol:

Jack Straw is a right twonk though, whats he ever done for us? *disapeers into the back of a black van, aided by some burly governemnt employees*
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Jack Straw is a right twonk though, whats he ever done for us? *disapeers into the back of a black van, aided by some burly governemnt employees*
    On mentioning Jack Straw, you can normally hear a thud as hundreds of people in the House of Commons fall to the floor, followed by gentle snoring.