Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what harm do illegal immigrants do to us

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walkindude wrote:
    have you got proof of that??? The 10.000 to one I mean??.

No, I havent, but its fairly obvious to anyone that the varst majority of crime is committed by the large majority of people who are natives.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Whatever the arguments, people forget this place is a small island, very small on world scale. You can't afford to take in endless amouns of people and support your won aging population along with looking after the next generation. You can't do it.

Quite the opposite, we need immigrants because we are not producing enough children.

And its not a negative spend its a positive, people dont travel thousands of miles to live on £35 a week in a crap house. They come here to work, and work hard.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    translation: i don't understand what you just said and i have no idea how to reply to it.

i'm not being pedantic. i'm just asking you to defend your position. what does it mean to say that immigration is a gift? i don't agree, i believe in cases where people are fleeing torture, or even starvation, we have a duty to help, and it's not benevolence on our part when we let them come here because morality requires nothing less of us.

No. You are deliberately choosing to ignore what I said.

I already said not including those of torture and persecuation etc etc, of course you can help them.

I was on about others, people who aren't running form anything and are coming over to use the welfare system.

And yes there are bongbadda, and its more then 35 a wek. JSA is at least over £45 a week now, plus housing benefit or even free houses and flats in some cases, get your council tax paid, help with biills, even free cars in same cases.

Allowing someone to immgrate to the country is a privilidge and one that should be observed. If you abuse the privlidge then what right do you have to stay here??

Many come over to work hard yes, some legally and some illegally. Do we need the illegal labour? Do we need people keeping that kind of secret? Do you thinkt hey will be dutiful citzens if they are illegal? Soma maybe sure, but as some1 said about driving carefully, they don't want the police attention so hardly like they are gonan stop if theyy run someone over.

And yes the natives do it as well and yes natives commit most of the crime overall but does it need to be added to.

The UK is small, thats a fact.

And you can go on about how countries and borders are imaginary and we should all be open to everyone no matter who they are etc etc.

So tell you what, China has a population of a billion. Why don't we invite them over and see if we can maintain all the and the population since we are all held to duty to open the borders to everyone eh?
  • Options
    Who gets free cars?

Illegal immigrants can't claim benefits. They are underground! Can you get your head around the difference between different types of immigration status?
  • Options
    You never heard of forged documents???

A friend mentioned it to me a bit back and I think I read it somewhere to.

Both illegal and legall immigration needs to be controlled.

Why is that so hard to understand?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    i believe in cases where people are fleeing torture, or even starvation, we have a duty to help, and it's not benevolence on our part when we let them come here because morality requires nothing less of us.

I agree, completely. It scares me that not everyone does.
  • Options
    walkindude,

This thread is about illegal immigrants. The definition of an illegal immigrant is someone who is undocumented, someone who is underground. They may have come here illegally amd never made a claim for asylum, or they may have been refused asylum and go underground to avoid deportation.

Some illegal immigrants live in shared houses with many occupants, and work illegally, such as the Chinese cockle pickers. Others rely on friends or charities to support them.

Yes there are some people who may claim asylum or get visas under a false name but that's a separate issue really.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    You never heard of forged documents???

A friend mentioned it to me a bit back and I think I read it somewhere to.

Both illegal and legall immigration needs to be controlled.

We can only try to control the demand for illegal workers, not the supply, we can never secure our borders.

A friend mentioned it to you? That's not drastically credible.
  • Options
    Why the hell would someone go through all that risk to get into a country illegally, then risk even more by trying to claim benifits, or get treatment on the NHS. It doesn't happen. Do you think fathers leave their families behind in some god-forsaken country in order to live it up in a cushy flat in the city paid for by the taxpayer? Of course, they don't. They do it to work, and work hard, so they can send money back.
  • Options
    Fair enugh but I think you know you £35 a week comment was hardly the whol truth either.

Well the friend is up ont heir politics and current events, ususally reseaches things fairly throughly so I did belive him.

We should secure our borders better I belive.

and for crying out loud stop making me out to be the heartless no all bad guy.

Did I ever say we sould turn away peopel running form torture, persecution etc??

no?? so please don't make out I have.

I am not clueless so dont treat me as such, simply as I have a different view.

Uncontrolled immigration and illegal immigration unchecked is not a tenible poston for this country is all I am saying.
  • Options
    so illgeals neevr find a way round the state system??

ok then, illegals don't pay tax liek everyone else does. They use the services we are foced to pay for.

is that right?
  • Options
    yes coz every bloody illegal is a poor father of many children in apoverty driven country hell hole and risked a periously journey just to feed to his kids and become a fien upstanding member of society.

yes all illegals are like this aren;t they?
  • Options
    ok then, illegals don't pay tax liek everyone else does. They use the services we are foced to pay for.

You are quite right, no one should be forced to pay for anything.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    We should secure our borders better I belive.

How? We've been trying for the past 500 years or so.
    Walkindude wrote:
    Uncontrolled immigration and illegal immigration unchecked is not a tenible poston for this country is all I am saying.

Is it uncontrolled? The line outside Lunar House would suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    Indeed. Its needs to be worked on.

Well they were still debating about how many and capping numbers and such like so its obviously still an issue.

its not completely uncontroleld now, not saying it was, just saying that it can't be allowed to be.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Indeed. Its needs to be worked on.

Well they were still debating about how many and capping numbers and such like so its obviously still an issue.

its not completely uncontroleld now, not saying it was, just saying that it can't be allowed to be.

They? Oh you mean the conservatives in a desperate attempt to win votes. They've since scrapped that idea.
  • Options
    I believe both the parties were talking about the isse at the last election.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    well as we're (allegedly) such a small island and don't have room to support everyone who wants to live here, i propose we forcibly eject all daily mail readers, members of the BNP, anyone who protested against civil partnerships for gay people, anyone who has ever used the expression "it's political correctness gone mad" because they are no longer allowed to treat women and ethnic minority groups as second-class citizens, and this should hopefully free up lots of room and resources for immigrants to this country who just want to be allowed to work hard to support their families and live their lives in peace.

oh for god's sake , you supposed to be a PHD student are you that dense or that immature?? I can't decide going on this post.

get over yourself.
  • Options
    well as we're (allegedly) such a small island and don't have room to support everyone who wants to live here, i propose we forcibly eject all daily mail readers, members of the BNP, anyone who protested against civil partnerships for gay people, anyone who has ever used the expression "it's political correctness gone mad" because they are no longer allowed to treat women and ethnic minority groups as second-class citizens, and this should hopefully free up lots of room and resources for immigrants to this country who just want to be allowed to work hard to support their families and live their lives in peace.

Hee! I could get behind that.. :thumb:
  • Options
    *sigh*

if I rpely to what is obviusply a post made to have a go at me I came across bad but leaving it means I am a walk over.

what to do eh?

very funny scarlett. Funny indeed.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    if I rpely to what is obviusply a post made to have a go at me I came across bad but leaving it means I am a walk over.

what to do eh?

Maybe you could lay out clear arguments rather than just saying 'we're full up and we cant have uncontrolled immigration' niether of which is the case.

If someone were arguing that for uncontrolled immigration (which some serious economists suggest would be good for us) then you'd be justified in being opposed, but no one here is.

Of course illegal immigration isnt exactly ideal, but just 'being tough' isnt a good answer. We cant secure our borders, thats a fact, we never have been able to and we never will.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Maybe you could lay out clear arguments rather than just saying 'we're full up and we cant have uncontrolled immigration' niether of which is the case.

If someone were arguing that for uncontrolled immigration (which some serious economists suggest would be good for us) then you'd be justified in being opposed, but no one here is.

Of course illegal immigration isnt exactly ideal, but just 'being tough' isnt a good answer. We cant secure our borders, thats a fact, we never have been able to and we never will.

I have. Look, every map you have ever seen in life is actually shows a misrepresentation of the size of the Uk. In real life its smaller then its shown to be.

Economically, strcutaully, its just can't be done.

People on here need to clarify their postions because all I said was taht immigration and illegal immaigration need to be dealt with and controleld and all I am met with is that every immigrant is a poor father driving to suport their kids and coming oevr to work hard and be up standing citzens that never commit crime and we should accepet everyone that applies because its our duty to.

All I said was controls are needed thats all, and I am made out to be a racist or something.

just coz we can't secure our borders 100% doesn't mean we shouldnt try.
  • Options
    as usual i don't have a clue what you're talking about.

interesting to note though, that if someone called you dense and immature, you'd doubtless be reporting them to the mods and complaining about how you're constantly being bullied and insulted on here and how cliquey the boards are. if you're going to engage in debates, you need to develop a thicker skin.

your last post wasn't a delibate inflammanation and a mis-representation of my point of view then???

god, I could call you something but I won't.

Fine. Lets throw out the rule book and have insults allowed eh?? lest lose the debate in insults and accusations as it no doubt will if that happened.

You can have a go at me all you want but at least I am not a liar unlike you so don't bother going on.
  • Options
    But we're not full or anywhere near it, even London is a very low rise city and has no where near the population density of other cites of the World.

And again, I mention our birth rate, our population is getting older and older, we either need to bump off old people, breed more or import workers. The last of those three being the easiest, cheapest and quickest.

How would you 'control' immigration and illegal immigration?
  • Options
    Nah, bobbins.

We only occupy 7-8% of the available land.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1841953105/ref=pd_bxgy_text_2_cp/203-7690375-5179153
    Who Owns Britain lays to rest the myths that the UK is short of land, revealing that there is actually a land surplus with 60 million of us are crammed into only 7.5% of the land mass.
  • Options
    London has over a million people in it. The only reason our cities reach not much more then million is because of our size!

America can have a population of 350 million, we can't.

Well actually, a population that is not on an increasing growth rate is seen as the developed 1st world country and a thing to aim for. Ones that are dying at increaed rates and flip side, birthing ar increased rates are the less well off countries. Keeping stable is the key apperently.

Well you need all the fatcs and a number of techniques.

I wouldn't have a back log of d enied aslyum though. If you get refused you should be sent back straight away, not left for months on end to do a runner.

tighter controls on the ports I guess.

cracking down on the traffickers to.

maybe put some capping, depends on the figures.
  • Options
    yes but how much of th eland mass isn unusuable or would require bulldozing the countryside?