Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fuck me this stuff makes you feel so warm.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right I know its a bit milder than it had been but basicly I went out tonight got pissed then ended up doing a 40 stone with a (mate) (crack cocine but I work and earn an honest living). Done it before a few times. Did some b afterwards - quite a lot and I just wanted to say its amazing how warm it makes you feel - I've done this one a few times too but luckily never (yet) developed a big problem with it. But I must be honest here - I'm wondering if I could and I'd like the advice of those who have been through it before. For you did it start out as an occasional 'treat' or when you tried it did you find a daily habbit etc forming straight away? The way I feel with it at the moment it feels good very occasionly but I know its very bad - or should I say it could be if used too often...
The main thing I'm asking is whether or not this is the sort of thing you used to tell yourself before it got out of hand.

Thats it really.

Peace to you all - be good to your Mothers tomorrow.
Funny thing is the main reason I did this tonight is because I knew I'd be a lot more chilled out and not properly pissed up then end up acting like a drunk arsehole on Mother's day! I suppose its a choice between a hangover or itchy skin (how silly).

Moroccon role - I direct this mainly to you as I know you are very knowledgeable on the subject and you seem to be very honest with it - admitting both the bad and good sides of it (shit you can tell I'm high lol).

PS... I'm normally a fast typer but this seems to have taken an age to type and I'll probably read it tomorrow and wonder what the fuck I was talking about!!!

Comments

• Options
    from personal and watching friends expericance (my friends not the gay americans) you never ever ever think you have a problem. ever. Even when you do have a problem you dont think you do. Just watch what your doing and be careful, not a good drug to get addicted to.

Its the same with anything anyone is addicted to. be it drugs, chocolate, alcohol, anything, you dont realise its a problem till all of a sudden you realise it is.

Im pissed, fucked, and have no idea what im talking about, but basically all i can say is be careful. I have a friend who thinks she does it ''socially'', ''only occasionally'', but ive seen her cat for it like i go mental for a fag in the morning so just watch yourself. Personally its one of those ones i just wouldnt do. I know ive got an addictive personallity and doing a drug which is known to be addictive is just silly in my case.

Just be careful. If you honestly belive you could go a year without it now then go ahead, your stronger than me, but if you think next time the pipes going around you wont be able to turn down a toot maybe you just need to keep away from situations where its going around??

anyway, just watch yourself, we never like to admit to ourselves were addicted to something. We do it cos we like it, we do it cos we enjoy the buzz and if wanted to we could never touch the stuff again, we could, but realistically can you??
  • Options
    Or alternativrely...don't be careful and smoke it everyday. :chin: :p

I wouldn't know where to start looking even if I wanted some. It's not commonly found round these parts.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I wouldn't know where to start looking even if I wanted some.
    :yes: so dont look.....tis bad...... :shocking: look into the eyes, look into the eyes, not around the eyes.....bah....sorry.....drugs r bad mmm'kay???
  • Options
    ~playboy~ wrote:
    drugs r bad mmm'kay???

Too late now!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My mates now and again for years. We love it, but we're not crack heads.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    but we're not crack heads.

how many times have i heard that before??? :p
  • Options
    Thats it really.

Moroccon role - I direct this mainly to you as I know you are very knowledgeable on the subject !!
    glad you think so but ...i always find questions about addiction difficult.
    i know more about being and addict than i do about addiction.
    it gets very complicated.
    you might notice that my answers are often slightly different each time. why?
    cos i'm still buggered if i know why I became an addict whilst many arounfd me didn't.
    reasonably normal family ...nice area ...had a good childhood ...family of aunts uncles grandparents etc.

i massively abused amphet ...then massively abused heroin.
    then amphet then heroin.

mostly loved the drug and the lifestyle that went with it.

became a garbage ghead at one time ...meaning i shoved just about anything in if it had some kind of effect ...thats realy when i started to get concerned ...and even that took a while.

if you realy like crack ...treat it with the greatest of respect.
    if you find yourself wanting to feel like that all the time ...and doing whatever is needed to achieve it ...you have a problem.
    i was never actualy impressed with the stuff but we're all different.

i'm nackered ...i'll come back to this one later.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Thanks for such a sensible reply to fairly questionable post Rolly.

Pillmonster 2002, I'm probably being a bit harsh here, but the tone of your post could be taken to be advocating drugs, just do me a favour and try not to sound like you are recommending them to people?
  • Options
    ~playboy~ wrote:
    not the gay americans)

Could you...not call me a homosexual? Thanks...

Back to the topic at hand, I just want to say that if you live in America especially, crack is the drug most looked down upon by society, so even if you don't mind the health risks and legal issues, just how much do you value your acceptance among general society?
  • Options
    if you live in America especially, crack is the drug most looked down upon by society, so even if you don't mind the health risks and legal issues, just how much do you value your acceptance among general society?
    That's true of most places. Of course you have to bear in mind that in lots of areas and social groups it isn't seen as as much of a bad thing, because the use of crack is probably more commonplace in those areas or groups, and hence members using wouldn't feel as guilty or wrong about taking it.

It's the same with any drug I suppose - if your peers are doing it then it suddenly doesn't seem as bad as it did before. Obviously if you look at a wider selection of society then yes, it will be looked down on. But to an individual the views of 'society' as a whole are often all but non-existant.
  • Options
    Could you...not call me a homosexual? Thanks...

I think he meant the show, Friends.

As to the question, crack/heroin are not my area really and they've never appealed to me. But addictions are much like each other, it becomes something you rely on, becomes your life and everything else in your life suffers from your health to your friendships.

Be very careful, if you play with fire often enough you will get burnt.

Have a word with Release, they are the experts and a very decent group of people www.release.org.uk