Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Leagues?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend to think some-ones out of my league, when people tell me they are. I was getting to know a guy last year and even before I'd had a proper convo with him, some girls basically brought it to a stop, and told everyone I'm not good enough for him anyway. A lot of people say my bf is too good for me aswell :/. Yeah, it's probably just jealousy, but I do care what other people think of me.

But if there weren't any observers around to put a dampener on things, I think everyone would think they had a chance with pretty much anyone.
    StrubbleS wrote:
    I never get girls in my league. but I got twice girls out of my league (as in above), it's weird. I don't believe in it, in the sense of: Omg, I am not even trying she is out of my league.

Sometimes "a girl out of your league" was just waiting on you...

This can happen, but it's rare. It's actually so rare that you'll have a better chance of recieving a gold coin in change. It's best to keep moving and don't give it your all at every station. Find someone you can use.
    I've always thought my boyfriend was out of my league, caus he is gorgeous adn all confident and stuff, this was sorta confirmed quite recently when i went out with a new friend on a night out a while back and when the drink was in she told me that when she first met my boyf she thought he was way too good looking for me but when she saw how we were together she sorta "got it"

love girls, they're great.

i have finally worked out that although that was a shitty thing to say, I am confident in the fact that my boyfriend loves me and we do just ' work' together and I think that is all that matters.
    God aren't girls bitches? Blokes say "she's out of your league" in a jokey kind of way, or as a kind of mutual self loathing, but girls seem to actually mean it when they say it. Non of my friends would ever say this sort of thing to me and actually mean it, or because they're jealous. We always try and get each other to talk to people who are "out of out leagues."

And that's the thing about leagues. I think it's quite possible for guys to approach girls who they think are out of their league, even if the girl thinks so (based on looks) too. Because girls put less emphasis on looks, and more on other qualities, a girl might be intrigued by a guy who would just go up to a girl who is way out of his league. She might be interested to know the reason that you're so confident.