Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drug use increasingly rampant in schools

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fair play SG.

Takes a proper bloke to come out and publicly say something like that.

For what it's worth, you have my respect. :)
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

you have my respect. :)
    mine too but then he always has.
    i remember a very troubled SG arriving on these boards ...he was always willing to listen and ...try.
    ...and oh how much you changed since you've been here SG.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    stargalaxy wrote:
    The issue of drugs is one I simply don't know enough about. I started the thread because I was concerned with drug use amongst kids. However, I've clearly taken things too far. I'm going to keep quiet about drugs and use the time to learn something about them.

Want to learn more about them eh? Well, at least your honest. Head to Erowid for truthful stuff about them... with real life accounts!

Then come join me for a toke one day. :thumb:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You might not believe this, but when at school, I was a communist.

That's got to be the funniest thing ever :D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Want to learn more about them eh? Well, at least your honest. Head to Erowid for truthful stuff about them... with real life accounts!

I wouldnt say Erowid is the kind of place which SG would find drasticly useful, you need to know what to look for and you need to be able to make judgements on what to believe and what not to. Erowid is far from faultless.

SG, its good to see you learning, just remember although the knee jerk reaction is natural its rarely the best solution.

And as I said, legal supply of drugs has nothing to do with us liking using them or wanting everyone to take a pill and just be happy. Its because we think that the current law is dangerous, counter productive and causes a large percentage of the problems surrounding drug use.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    That's got to be the funniest thing ever :D

I know I had a right giggle myself. He was probably in that group who called themselves communists but really hadn't got a clue.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    I know I had a right giggle myself. He was probably in that group who called themselves communists but really hadn't got a clue.

God they annoy me. There are some at college... and between them and the Pro-America student union... I start to pray for a machine gun.

They go about, wearing Che shirts, unaware he was actually a Stalinist and killed many. Hell, they rarely know what he stood for or where he fought.

Tossers.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    God they annoy me. There are some at college... and between them and the Pro-America student union... I start to pray for a machine gun.

They go about, wearing Che shirts, unaware he was actually a Stalinist and killed many. Hell, they rarely know what he stood for or where he fought.

Tossers.

The baggy jeaned 'alternative' crew....absolute wankers.
  • Options
    lol, yeah it was cool to be a communist back in the day, i remember we actually had a website with our manifesto, mainly as a way to vent our frustration at the shitty little town we lived in, hell we were bored it gave us something to do.......our LAN events were dedicated to the party and we even sang the national anthem in the barn when royally pissed, admittedly noone would do it sober because we didn't actually know the words....all good fun though.