Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How can I build up money when there so much to buy???

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    What's my marital status got to do with anything :confused:
    I think he's saying that he has to pay to have a good time whereas you can......how do I put this......make your own fun?
  • Options
    I think he's saying that he has to pay to have a good time whereas you can......how do I put this......make your own fun?

Does he not have hands?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Does he not have hands?

since when did this become a bout that??

I meant you have a loving wife for company, chat, to be with, have fun with, talk to and a home where you can drink etc.

why do you need to go to the pub??

That illegal thing I said was about downloading whole movies from the net.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

I meant you have a loving wife for company, chat, to be with, have fun with, talk to and a home where you can drink etc.

That illegal thing I said was about downloading whole movies from the net.
    Can you not go round to friends houses? Have them round to yours? You're at uni aren't you? We always used to hang out in each others flats/rooms and watch DVD's/football/play computer games/talk all for free.
  • Options
    No I graduated now, I am owrking there and no I can't go over to my mates and rarely could they come to mine.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:

You're the one who wants to watch 9 songs;)

Because she isn't my only friend.

But yeah, I was just using that as an example. If you haven't got any money then you can't go out and spend, it's that simple. It does suck to have a restricted budget, I'm going from being paid weekly to being paid monthly so its going to knack for a bit.
  • Options
    yeah.

I mean I am gonna get aid for the work I am doing now which is 10 days worth, and that might be by cheque. Then I move to monthly for a couple of months.

I think I will by the uni hoodie and some clothes if I can find them and I might get Sin City coz I do wanna see that.
  • Options
    If there are a lot of films you want to see, why don't you try rental?

Amazon, for instance, offer DVD rental straight to your door. £5.99 for 3 DVDs a month, with a month's free trial.

Looky.
  • Options
    yeah but I had a bad rental experience with a video a bit back and I don't like money over the internet thing.

Plus its the collecting thing. Like I have all the marvel comics to movies on dvd except for the Hulk lus comic movies in general are cool.

I might invest in rental at some point though.
  • Options
    Well if you want to piss all your money away on DVDs thats fine, but you can't really then turn around and whinge that you never have any money.
  • Options
    True

Its only coz there is a sale on.

I mean the ones I'd want is:

Star Wars Original triliogy on dvd
    Buffy season 2 or 3 or whetver if its in sale
    Sin City.

Training day is one I wouldn't mind seeing, like 9 songs but its not what I most want to see or owt.

Also the Clone Wars dvds are tempting coz I never saw them on tv but are suppsed to be good.
  • Options
    Well I bought the university hoodie and a uni jumper/top thing. They were on sale. Total cost £13.98.

what do you think to that?
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well I bought the university hoodie

Now you'll have to wear it.

:(
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well I bought the university hoodie and a uni jumper/top thing. They were on sale. Total cost £13.98.

what do you think to that?

why are you asking us?

of course you didn't NEED it, is that what you wanted us to say? you only wanted it, not needed it. there's a difference.

it also depends how much wear you think you'll get out of it and whether it was a worthwhile purchase.
  • Options
    This whole thread makes me laugh.

Your a grown adult, your asking us to make decisions for you like your a child :lol:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    This whole thread makes me laugh.

Your a grown adult, your asking us to make decisions for you like your a child :lol:

exactly.

if you're skint, you have to kind of think 'hmm, perhaps i don't really need this jumper for the university i'm not even at anymore' or 'hmm, perhaps i don't need the starwars trilogy boxset'. you shouldn't need anyone else to tell you that!
  • Options
    Fuck sake.

This thread was in Anything goes you know because I started as a fun thing to joke about. I expected peopel to come on saying "yeah I want xx to, and I am always buying xxxx". whatever people spned their money on.

then the thread go tmoved to here and people started giving serious money advice and then stupid an dkermit an dme wree all joking about a little. And now once again I have people coming on here insulting me like fucking bullies.

Lacy- I know you dont like me and we hav ehad words before so dont bother coming on here trying to make me feel bad.

Shit man, I wa sbored at work I was making posts no need to do this at all.

Lucifer - what are you doing/? i didn't have a go at you when you asked what to wear on a night out, fucking costume shit. Anyone can make their mind up about that. I didn insult u for it.

fuck sake.

I hav emoney incoming in the last couple of weeks and I had money saved. So I am not totally skint, I just saw all this stuff one day and thought I wouldnt mind that but then totalled up how much it all was and it was a fair bit so deliberated on it a bit.

and why diss the clothes choice?? some1 on page 1 was saying buy clothes so what kind of shit is that, for one person to say get clothes and u lot to diss it.

people on here need to grow up.
  • Options
    The way I force myself not to spend too much is simple.

I have two bank accounts.

o Whenever I get money, I split it.
    o 25% in my current account, and 75% in my savings.

o If I need/want to spend some money, I take it out of my current account.
    o If my current accounts starts to get too big, I move a big whack into my savings account.

To me, this is the perfect solution, if I only spend money from one account, I cant possibly waste too much of my money.

With anything, its all down to personal choices and control. As long as you are saving some money, I dont really see anything wrong with buying stuff and enjoying yourself.
  • Options
    yeah thanks.

It was just decide whteher to buy it all now and such like that. I only have one account but there enough in there.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Fuck sake.

This thread was in Anything goes you know because I started as a fun thing to joke about. I expected peopel to come on saying "yeah I want xx to, and I am always buying xxxx". whatever people spned their money on.

then the thread go tmoved to here and people started giving serious money advice and then stupid an dkermit an dme wree all joking about a little. And now once again I have people coming on here insulting me like fucking bullies.

Lacy- I know you dont like me and we hav ehad words before so dont bother coming on here trying to make me feel bad.

Lucifer - what are you doing/? i didn't have a go at you when you asked what to wear on a night out, fucking costume shit. Anyone can make their mind up about that. I didn insult u for it.

fuck sake.

I hav emoney incoming in the last couple of weeks and I had money saved. So I am not totally skint, I just saw all this stuff one day and thought I wouldnt mind that but then totalled up how much it all was and it was a fair bit so deliberated on it a bit.

and why diss the clothes choice?? some1 on page 1 was saying buy clothes so what kind of shit is that, for one person to say get clothes and u lot to diss it.

where the hell could what i said do you be construed as 'having a go'?!
  • Options
    you agreed with someone who was calling me a child and laughing at me. You said "exactly" to their post.

thats having a go.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    yeah thanks.

It was just decide whteher to buy it all now and such like that.

I once spent about £150 on clothes after finishing school, and got totally carried away.

A few weeks later, I realised I made a terrible mistake, all the clothes were quite similar.

So I'd probably say, don't buy it all at once. Its probably better to do it slowly and maybe realise you dont really want to buy some of the stuff.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Thanks!!!!!
  • Options
    i generally budget my wage as im pretty poor at the moment, trying to do some saving.

but i generally spend £150 - 200 on buying stuff a month, clothes, dvds, cds whatever....
    £500 for footy and going out

and then the rest im trying to save!

the stuff that i buy i could easily cut out but i work enough to deserve a few treats, or at least i think so
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    you agreed with someone who was calling me a child and laughing at me. You said "exactly" to their post.

thats having a go.

Seriously, do you have asperger's?

If you're going to ask a stupid question you're going to get a stupid answer. Grow up man, for fuck's sake, your constant bleatings about bullying are really starting to get on my tits. And I know I'm not the only one.

£5 you report this post, eh?

If you have no money, you spend no money. It ain't rocket science. You can spend it on shit, or save it- your choice.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Fuck sake.

fuck sake.

I didn't bully you and neither did Lucifer. Personally i think your the one that needs to grow up judging from the above post. I just pointed out that you've made this thread and your basically asking people to run your life for you. I find that funny.
  • Options
    well if you want to save money, then stop wasting your money on frivolous crap like computer games and dvds. I mean ffs, everyone knows that.
    Only buy clothes when you really need them and if theyre cheap, and not more than you need. Dont buy DVDs, borrow them from friends, download stuff or just watch stuff when it comes on the telly - its not gonna kill you.
    If theres stuff you really want, ask for it for birthdays or christmas etc, that way its special.
    Obviously everyone likes to have nice new things as and when they fancy having them but tbh, unless youre fabulously rich, then most people have to just go without most of the stuff they want unfortunatly. Thats adulthood for you!

champagne tastes with sherbet income.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Walkindude wrote:

Um, you?

Even when I was 12 I realised that if I wanted something and needed to save for it I shouldn't spend any of my pocket money.

You need to learn to budget and be sensible with money. You complain you are skint yet you spend money on needless things and then come on here and moan about it. If you want to save and have a bit of money then you need to stop being so frivolous with it. Lacy and Lucifer are right.
  • Options
    No because there is way to talk to people and lacy, lucifer, kermit and you littlemissy obviously don't know how to.

This post, if you bothered to read what I wrote. Was orginally in Anything goes. It was suppsoed to be a fun thread with people saying the shit they want to buy and are tempted by and making a fun joke about how much shit we want that we cant buy.

then this gets moved and now I have people giving money advice like a serious topic and then the usual suspects come on, people who have their own issues with me , just to have a go at me.

thats not right.

I never said I was skint either did?? Ever?? Did I say it???

Nor did I ask what I should buy, I was just saying the things I saw and wouldn't mind getting thats it.

Insulting someone is not giving advice and nor is being condecending.

And while you may see it as "crap" that stuff I listed, what does everyone else spend their money on?? Expensive clubs and drinks you could get at the fraction of the price elsewhere? pissing away months worth of wages on alcohol is really soo much better then a dvd or something?

Kermit - Well lets see, bitching about me on the boards and behind my back eh?? Well what is that but a sign of bullying and such?? Also, don't talk about reports. The last poster who you said did nothing wrong at me actully did get warned by the mods and had theres and your posts removed.
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    And while you may see it as "crap" that stuff I listed, what does everyone else spend their money on?? Expensive clubs and drinks you could get at the fraction of the price elsewhere? pissing away months worth of wages on alcohol is really soo much better then a dvd or something?

usually I have to spend my money on food, bills and rent. Sometimes i`ll buy myself a couple of magazines, and of course i have my broadband subscription for my entertainment as well. I generally cant afford to go out very often at all. The last time i bought some CDs was in the january sales and I spent about £30 and got about 6 of them for that.
    I occasionally buy myself clothes or makeup but never anything expensive and tbh its hardly ever.
This discussion has been closed.