Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Favourite Comedy Show

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For me its either Bottom or Men Behaving Badly. Theres so many though, Thin Blue Line and Vicar of dibley are also quality.

Whats your fav?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Little Britain! And Spicks & Specks (an Australian musical game show which is more like a comedy anyway)...
    Mighty Boosh, black books, teachers, black adder, hancock's half hour, red dwarf ... er thats all i can think of at the moment.
    Father Ted.
    Its all about the old school stuff Porridge, Open All Hours, Only Fools and Horses, The Good Life, Fawlty Towers, Kepping Up Apearences, Dads Army, Blackadder, Thin Blue Line, Bottom, Men Behaving Badly, The Vicar of Dibly, Are you Being Served, As Time goes By, Red Dwarf and then we have the obvious like Little Britain(was gd but should now be stopped) Coupling, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps (also The Office is not a comedy it is shit and if you do like you should be shot) Then we got american comedy like Two and a Half Men, Scrubs (is amazin), Stacked looks good, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, South Park, Becks, Will and Grace, Cheers bout sums most of them up i apologise if i have missed any out but hey.
    red dwarf was great... as for more current ones, the mighty boosh is so far ahead of the competition IMO... every episode i have watched ive been on the floor laughing.

family guy is decent too but the newer series' have gone downhill.
    doddie wrote:
    Its all about the old school stuff Porridge, Open All Hours, Only Fools and Horses, The Good Life, Fawlty Towers, Kepping Up Apearences, Dads Army, Blackadder, Thin Blue Line, Bottom, Men Behaving Badly, The Vicar of Dibly, Are you Being Served, As Time goes By, Red Dwarf and then we have the obvious like Little Britain(was gd but should now be stopped) Coupling, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps (also The Office is not a comedy it is shit and if you do like you should be shot) Then we got american comedy like Two and a Half Men, Scrubs (is amazin), Stacked looks good, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, South Park, Becks, Will and Grace, Cheers bout sums most of them up i apologise if i have missed any out but hey.
    mmm,i think that lot pretty much covers it for me to.
    The Venture Bros, King of the Hill, Aqua Teens, Black Books, Father Ted & Peep Show.
    doddie wrote:
    (also The Office is not a comedy it is shit and if you do like you should be shot)
    doddie wrote:
    Everybody Loves Raymond

I should be shot for liking the office and you get away with liking that crap?!?!

Everybody does NOT love Raymond!!!! :mad: :banghead:
    the office, the simpsons, first series of nighty night, first 2 series of coupling, friends, and the recent sketch shows manstrokewoman and spoons, also the jack and karen bits of will and grace in the earlier series were just pure comedy genius.
    There are so many!!!

BlackAdder and Fraiser are my top 2 I'd say but Friends, Porridge, Cheers, Open all Hours, Some Mothers do ave em, Are you being served, South Park, Clerks cartoon series, Father Ted, My name is earl, dad's army, thin blue line, men behaving badly, vicar of dibley (no tthe last episode tho), Fawlty Towers, Scrubs, Joey, Two and Half Men, 2 ronnies, drop the dead donkey, Mork and Mindy.

great stuff.
    Are there any comedy shows that don't either finish or go crap after a few series. The nearest I can think of is Only Fools, but even that went crap in the much later series. How many series did One Foot in the Grave have? All the best comdey shows seem to finish after a few series.

Having said that: (early) Friends, (early) Red Dwarf, (early) Simpsons, (early)Men Behaving Badly, (early) South Park, Porridge, Open All Hours, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, One Foot in the Grave, Only Fools and Horses, Mr. Bean, Family Guy, Father Ted, Peep Show and The Office. I think Third Rock From the Sun is quite underrated too.
    Since when did favourite comedy show become 20 shows?

Peep Show
    Smack the pony, biatches!
    Peep Show closely followed by The Day Today (or Brass Eye)

Oh, for those of you who added Peep Show and have digital TV, there is a series called Twisted Tales on BBC3, the two who did Peep Show occasionally do an episode on this and its really worth a watch.
    15 Storeys High
    Snuff Box
    I used to love Bottom. It was hilarious!
    Ultimately...Red Dwarf, Black Adder and The Young Ones.

More recent would have to be Spaced, Black Books, Scrubs, The Green Wing and Ideal.
    Married with Children or Unhappily Ever After...
    bongbudda wrote:
    Oh, for those of you who added Peep Show and have digital TV, there is a series called Twisted Tales on BBC3, the two who did Peep Show occasionally do an episode on this and its really worth a watch.

Twisted Tales really is great but really, er, twisted. I watched one a couple of weeks ago that genuinely terrified me..not good that it's on so close to bedtime either.

A few of my favourite comedy TV shows: The Thick of It, Frasier, Father Ted and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I don't find Harry Hill amusing normally but I usually laugh so much at his TV burp that I'm sure I'll wet myself one week. :shocking:

Looking back, I used to love The 11 O'Clock Show and Drop the Dead Donkey.
    Looking back, I used to crease myself at Alan Partridge. Still do when it's on UKTV Gold the odd time.
    peep show is about the only funny thing on these days, everything else is pretty dire........top 3 have to be only fools and horses, red dwarf, and frasier (in that order).......the old stuff is definitely the best tho, blackadder, bottom, etc etc......where have all the good writers gone?
    little britain all the way :yes:

father ted is up there right enough! :D
    doddie wrote:
    also The Office is not a comedy it is shit and if you do like you should be shot

You should be shot for a comment like that. The Office is brill. Ricky Gervais plays a brilliant part and his associates, acgtos names being Tim and Gareth are brill.

How can u not like it
    Jon_UK wrote:
    I should be shot for liking the office and you get away with liking that crap?!?!

Everybody does NOT love Raymond!!!! :mad: :banghead:

lol agreed
    Jim V wrote:
    Snuff Box

I watched this last night, and I was more confused and generally mystified than I have ever been by a 'comedy' show. I seriously didnt get it.
    king of the hill, 3rd rock from the sun, two pints of lager and a packet of crisps, league of gentlemen, dharma and greg, blackadder, red dwarf, monty pythons flying circus.
    family guy, the 11 o'clock show, scrubs, alan partidge, peep show, black adder, the young ones, bottom, red dwarf, coupling and the simpsons. all comedy giants! :D
    ahhh scrubs and alan partridge too, and the office.
    mrbox99 wrote:
    You should be shot for a comment like that. The Office is brill. Ricky Gervais plays a brilliant part and his associates, acgtos names being Tim and Gareth are brill.

How can u not like it
    the office is the worst written comedy ever Ricky Gervais can do stand up kinda but the office is just so poor its untrue. and mr box seeing as you do not like american comedy and suprised you like this as it was that crap the americans made a version.
    Scrubs is indeed quite good.

Really enjoy That '70s show and That '80s show (too bad there was only 13 episodes tho)