Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cant take it no more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Been working for the same company for almost 4years now, and used to get on really well with my boss... she was almost like a 2nd mum to me..... until i told her i was pregnant, then everything started to change.... she was really nasty to me with her stupid comments and made me cry on 1 occasion! But i thought i would be leaving soon anyway and got through it! Went back to work when my son was 6month... and have been getting treated like Shit basically since the day i went back.... nothing is good enough for her, she talks about me behind my back, nip picks at everything i do... it its really getting to the point i want to quit.... but i wont give her that satisfaction.... i will drive her mad!

If she were to fire me is it possible for me to sign on the dole???

Im 21 married and have a 1yr old son, and recieve tax credits??

Can anyone advise me?

Comments

• Options
    I dont see why she would fire you!! on what grounds?! Surely that would be wrongful dismissal?! - not sure what the terminology for that is.

If you used to get on with her so well, maybe ask her if you can have a private word and try get to the bottom of the problem. I wouldnt do anything too drastic like quit your job or anything though!

But you should definately have a chat with her and find out why she has changed.
  • Options
    you would probably get income support if you lost your job for whatever reason as you have a young child at home.

ETA: you don't have to 'sign on' for this. You meet with an advisor to discuss your options and fill out forms, then you go back every six months for updates etc.
  • Options
    what shes doing is called constructive dismissal. ie making things so intolerable for you that you have to leave. is it possible for you to make a complaint to HER superior, or at least have a proper talk to her in private in a non confrontational way.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Bigmama,

I'm really sorry to hear about this situation - it sounds like it's making you feel really miserable - I hope it doesn't ruin your 21st birthday :birthday:

caenine06 is right - to leave at this stage would be a dramatic step. So firstly it would probably be a good idea to try and talk to another member of staff you trust or even your boss directly to tell her that you have felt upset since you have returned to work since your pregnancy. Because actually what you describe sounds like bullying and if you don't feel that you can talk to another colleague about the situation then it is definitely worth approaching either an HR department if you have one, or a person who is senior to your boss. You will also hopefully find lots of other helpful advice in the article I have linked to. Try and keep in mind that you don't have to face this alone.

Take care ;)