Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Recorded Delivery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to send off my phonebill to 3 in order to claim redemption on my bill. I want to send it by recorded delivery so I know they got it and on time. Not familiar with postage etc but how exactly does recorded delivery work, and does it cost anything?

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Its something like 60p - £1 extra. You go to the post office, fill in a couple of boxes and then it requires a signature at the other end. You can claim compensation if it goes missing etc.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    66p is it to send recorded, plus the 1st class charge. well it was last time i sent.
    Koe 182 is right, here a full list of services that you can use post office
    Is it worth my while doing it do you reckon? It's just so the company can't turn round and say they got it late or something...
    Well worth doing, in this situation they could throw it out and say they never got it to save themselves the money for the redemption. Making them sign for it means they cant do that. Also, take photocopies before you send them off if they want the originals.
    To be honest, you won't need recorded delivery.

As part of your stamp price, you can ask for a "certificate of posting". Just go to the counter and hand them the letter, and ask for a certificate.

The only concern would be if the T&Cs state "proof of postage is not proof of receipt". If it says that, you'll need to prove receipt.
    If you are really wanting it to be definite then go with Special Delivery, that insures it for £500 and you get a certain record it was delivered. Unlike recorded its tracked all the way along, though it will cost you a few quid.
    Addict wrote:
    I have to send off my phonebill to 3 in order to claim redemption on my bill. I want to send it by recorded delivery so I know they got it and on time. Not familiar with postage etc but how exactly does recorded delivery work, and does it cost anything?

For the sake of 60 odd pence I'd say definitely do it recorded - I have a cashback deal with e2save and they seem to recommend it, so i would assume a proof of posting certificate may not be enough. Plus, you will know exactly whether your letter reached them or not, which is the main thing they want you to prove.