Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Amphetamine Worry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys !

I've never been a big speed taker, just a few lines here and there. Then tonight a mate at work offered me some (it's been about a year since I last touched the stuff), and aside from the conventional pleasant physical effects, it also made me reflexive, worried, tense and slightly low in mood.

I had about five lines, was at work during the whole time, and was a bit tired anyway.

Since speed's never had this adverse effect on me before, I wanted to know if I felt that way because of the circumstances (being at work, feeling tired) or if the drug normally has that effect.

Any input appreciated !

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    speed can make people anxious and paranoid - especially on the come down
    being at work full of the stuff can't help can it.
    I've noticed that from bad/poor quality speed. I'm not sure why, but more so than with high quality. I get nervous and anxious like crazy. As said before, if it's the comedown of the drug, you're experiencing a normal comedown. Don't worry about it. Take a 5-HTP supplement and wait a bit.
    Take a 5-HTP supplement.

:yes: it's on sale in holland and barrets at the moment too.
    Fuck that...just ride the buzz out.

Being in an enjoyable environment and having an enjoyable buzz is directly correlated. It's a psychological thing more than anything. Taking speed in work is a stupid idea IMHO.
    I get paranoid and anxious with low dosages of any stimulant - so it sounds to me that it was shite speed. Enough to have an effect, not enough to get you properly going.
    i had the bright idea of taking a few lines before a driving lesson once or twice... wasnt very much fun!
    turlough wrote:
    Fuck that...just ride the buzz out.

Being in an enjoyable environment and having an enjoyable buzz is directly correlated. It's a psychological thing more than anything. Taking speed in work is a stupid idea IMHO.
    I've never noticed that before, I've actually found some of my best buzzes were in bad enviroments. but i guess that's how brain chemistry works.
    If his "buzz" is this bad, his comedown will be even worse i'd expect - a 5-htp might be helpful, plus they are good to have around anyways.