Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ecstasy Rising

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
And intresting documentry from the States about the history of ecstasy. Quite critical of the US government and various studies into the drug it is intresting watching if you have an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6PHhOZ32g&search=ecstasy%20rising
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will try and watch it when I get time! Was it on the tv?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I will try and watch it when I get time! Was it on the tv?

Not here in Blighty it wasn't. It did air ion the US though.
    Weekender Offender 
    see it while you can because no doubt this will be taken down, it used to be hosted by a US ecstasy information website, but was taken down earlier this year.

This film represents a wonderful introduction to the Ecstasy debate, i dont think alot of people will quite believe they are watching a mainstream american broadcast.

If this gets taken down or anyone is unable to watch it, PM me and I will arrange for you to be able to get hold of it.

It is important that non-users and users see this piece.
    Listen to my fellow scummer, he's knows far more than me. :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
    Tried to watch it... looks interesting...

Runs like crap though, wont stream properly... huge pauses every few seconds...

Which is odd cos im not downloading anything.. and I have very fast broadband!
    JamesZero wrote:
    Tried to watch it... looks interesting...

Runs like crap though, wont stream properly... huge pauses every few seconds...

Which is odd cos im not downloading anything.. and I have very fast broadband!
    yeh you have to press pause and let the whole thing download.

i've watched half of it so far. its interesting how MDMA could have taken such a different course if it had been controlled and prescribed by doctors and not just completley banned.
    lipsy wrote:
    yeh you have to press pause and let the whole thing download.

i've watched half of it so far. its interesting how MDMA could have taken such a different course if it had been controlled and prescribed by doctors and not just completley banned.

Yeah I have got it on Pause at the moment...

Its taking ages... although Im bored and have nothing better to do, so I will just carry on listening to some tunes and watch it a bit later!
    for those who have watched it.. does it end with the president and his wife cracking down on drugs with a 'just say no' campaign? because the bar across the bottom only gets to that point which is half way and then i get a 'replay or send this video to someone' screen.
    that youtubes a load of balls its a pain in the arse, takes forever to buffer and stops in the middle

martin: do you have a direct link for it ? i'd prefer to have a copy of it anyway
    I watched it.

Shulgin is a total legend. Imagine being the first person to experience MDMA. You'd think you had just discovered the Holy Grail.
    lipsy wrote:
    for those who have watched it.. does it end with the president and his wife cracking down on drugs with a 'just say no' campaign?

No. It has far more to it than that.

It worked fine for me.
    Weekender Offender 
    Addict wrote:
    Shulgin is a total legend. Imagine being the first person to experience MDMA. You'd think you had just discovered the Holy Grail.

I dont know how much of early MDMA the documentary details but Shulgin wasnt the inventor of MDMA, its been around for not quite 100 years now.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I dont know how much of early MDMA the documentary details but Shulgin wasnt the inventor of MDMA, its been around for not quite 100 years now.

it goes right back

i watched it last night, very interesting :yes:

a lot of coincidental 'mistakes' by the US governent's scientist appointed to do research on the dangers of ecstasy
    bongbudda wrote:

Yes. But according to the documentary it was largely forgotten about - just a formula on a sheet of a paper. Shulgin was the first to experience and document its effects AFAIK.
    worked fine for me ...well worth watching. :thumb:
    anyone whos wants it PM me and i will tell you how to get hold of a copy.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Is this the one you mentioned ages ago Martin? Glad it finally got to see the light of day.
    Yes it is, I am receiving PMs from all ovr the place about this.

It is extremely important, more for non-users than for usrs i would argue, that they see this piece. Its provides a thorough overview of the Ecstasy question and succeeds better than anything ive seen in taking it down off of this nightmarish pedestal which it has been placed upon.
    The thread is getting a bit old now...

But I finally got round to watching it all and I would highly recommend it, especially for non users!

Very useful information!
    Yeah I was loving those groovy 90s shellsuits :D