Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Different kinds of fashion you are wearing.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I haven't found a recent equivalent of such a thread so I guessed I open one.

I for my part wear baggy pants and hoodie vests/hoodies preferably. Many boys did that in their teenage years and then changed the appearance on "normal clothing" (fitting jeans, knitted pullover, polo shirts). I wanted to keep this style, because I am not dressing for the public looks, I am dressing this way, because I feel this way.

So I am wearing Sir Benni Miles, Kani, Maurice Malone, Mecca, etc. jeans, and sometimes even one of these horizontally striped poloshirts, just to make subtle fun of the preps, who wearing the most expensive fashion out there. I wore nike sneakers for some time, now I returned to skater shoes (DC, Vans, Emerica) again. I love to wear full caps, but not in this stupid "rap gangsta" way, you know where the have the visor standing off sideways.

Most people got a casual & comfortable fashion and one fine & exquisite looking.

Well, what looks cosy on my IS fitting for me. Once again a friend switched to "normal" jeans and gave me 3 of his old ones, where one of it is kinda ragged already. I don't care, I love it. One of them is even my favourite pants now atm.

This style might be a problem tho, why I am not attracting many girls :p but I guess I just don't want to attracted every-/anyone. Only those who don't have a problem with my style are interesting.

What kind of fashion do you wear? Are brands important for you? Is everything that is cheap but looks great whatsoever a joy for you? Do you try to look like the broad mass, not to attract looks, or do you try to be kinda exclusive?
tell me about it!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for a double post, but I did not want to squish this in on the first post, it would be maybe tl;dr (too long; didn't read).

I planned to bye a deep black (not those kinda faded ones) baggy pant and a fitting jeans-jacket to it. White T-Shirt, decent silver necklace :chin: hmmm, hehe.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    You might find this thread interesting. I'm a fan of Lady Jade's style myself - although I'm probably not as funky as her :)
  • Options
    I only buy designer labels if they're worth the label of being 'designer.' If it's just a plain t-shirt with Paul Smith written on the front then I don't bother - I could've come up with that. I buy mainly plain clothes from high-street/department stores, then get a few more original things from the independent shops, preferably from outside my home town, so that you don't walk out of the shop to find everyone else with the same thing on (I've had too many bad experiences of Burtons).

With shoes and coats though I do tend to spend a bit more money, because I figure that you're gonna be wearing them a lot more than your other clothes, so it's best to get quality.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    **Helen** wrote:
    Hi there,
    You might find this thread interesting. I'm a fan of Lady Jade's style myself - although I'm probably not as funky as her :)
    :blush: Its a mutual admiration society then. ;)
  • Options
    I don't buy items just because they have a large logo across the front - I despise that 'label' culture. Y'know, sportswear, or skater clothes.. wearing a t-shirt with a fashionable label emblazened across the front does not equal a unique sense of style. There are certain labels I like, but only because of their innovation etc - I would quite happily prance around in Vivienne Westwood, or Donatella Versace (if I had the dolla lol).

I think I'm usually overly done up.. say I'm going shopping with my mates on the train.. they'll be wearing a nice plain top, jeans, trainers, some simple jewellery.
    I'm covered in sequins, make-up, hair-extensions and bling. Hehe. I like to look glam.
    In a way, I do look slightly more chavvy than natural, or moshery. But thats only because you never see anyone else dressed like me out around Plymouth. Its backwards.
  • Options
    i mix and match different styles...i like some of the classic gothic stuff...like nice corsets and long skirts, but i also like casual stuff...but i don't buy a particular style, i just pick out bits that appeal to me
    most of the time i don't make an overly big effort with my appearance, just throw on some decent clothes, wash my face, tidy my hair and put a bit of mascara on and i'm set to go.
  • Options
    Trackies, combats, vest tops, camisoles, fitted tee's, gypsy skirts, hoodies, jeans and cardies.

Basically anything that is comfortable! I cant stand anything uncomfortable!
    Im a real mix and matcher big time, look in my wardrobe and you could find about 6 "Fashions"
  • Options
    In the past 6 months my style has changed somewhat. Nowadays I'm against anything that's too contrived - like gothic fashion. I can't stand it. Whereas not long ago I was still wearing steel boned corsets and nothing but black.
    These days I'm more label concious - I'll only wear designer glasses and I love labels like Wheels n Dollbaby and Smashing Grandpa - but then buy most of my wardrobe from department stores like Debenhams and then buy lots of accessories from lots of different places. I'm now partial to a bit of colour in my wardrobe.
    I like to look rocky, without looking like a teenager going through a phase. But sometimes I'll wear jeans and a hoodie if I'm feeling brave.
    I don't like to look casual. I always look like I've made an effort - full face of natural makeup (less of the smoky eye look, nowadays it's reserved for evenings!) and nicely picked out outfit.

I like my style. It's not overly trendy, or gothy - I think I've found the balance between the two. It's taken me a while to get there though!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Ive had the same pairs of baggy jeans for years now....only own one pair of normal jeans and i have never worn them as they feel like lycra leggings. hehe.
    Im a big tshirt buyer, will deliberately scour online stores for ones ive not seen before...but i tend to buy a lot of tshirts with film logos/themes etc and you dont see them much anyway really so its not such a big thing....
    i mix up the baggy jeans thing with anything else i find...mostly high street stuff, matalan and tk-maxx are your best friends. hehe. "Trendy" jumpers that ive sown thumbholes into the sleeves, long sleeve tshirts, etc.....i do only wear skate shoes, even though ive never touched a skateboard since the age of 8....but you try and find comfy and eye-pleasing shoes in size 13 or above. hehe. I like to wear a shirt and tie with the baggys and trainers when i go out....its enough to pass for dress codes in some clubs and its enough to keep me feelin comfy. Jewellery wise it doesnt really extend beyond a lip ring and a leather buckle for me. though beads and bangles are welcome when i find them.
    still cant resist the pull of a good hoodie/black baggies when im having a bad day....yeah its a stereotype, but theres a certain pleasure in wearing a Slipknot "people=shit" top when your not enjoying your day much.
    Theres no labels really for me aside from my shoes but thats more of a neccesity than intentional....if i could find good shoes that didnt have Airwalk or DC on them id have them, would certainly save me a fortune.
    I guess like everyone im a mash of styles and ideas.....none of that "unique" bollocks....im just comfy and happy.
  • Options
    My favourite upper-body clothing are plain T-shirts in every colour. I got so many. Even if it look "boring", a long baggy pant and a shiny short sleeved white T-shirt fits so great.

Sometimes I go with shirt and tie (stuck inbetween 3rd and 4th button tho), somtimes I go with polo shirts (like I said, because I like the 'exclusive' and 'casual' dualism.)

My Jewelry normally is wooden-looking and/or leather, but I switch it with silver (necklace + watch).