Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cannabis and health care

I'm doing yet another research assignment. This time its on the sociological perspectives of cannabis.

What I need help finding is approaches to health care practice and their links to policy.

For example, I know that you can get cort orders to go to rehab if you are a alcoholic or a heroin addict, but what about if you just use cannabis?

Are there any support groups around that are govenment funded?

If you can think of any other questions or things i could put in then let me know.

Thanks in advance:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Zella, have you seen the website for the NHS's National Treatment Agency? It may be worth having a browse around, as this contains lots of information about how the NHS put drugs policy into practice.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Z ...Narcotis Anonymous.
    in the book on the web and extremely good apparently for a huge ammount of people.
    the drug doesn't matter ...length of time and all that bollox doesn't matter.
    if your addicted ...your addicted.
    chocolate sugar white flour gambling drinking n...if youtr addicted to any of this stuff and need to share it a little ...to learn much ...try NA.
    what do you have loose?
    Lambeth DAAT and PCT run a cannabis clinic.
    Dr Luke Mitcheson, Clinical Psychologist, South London and Maudsley NHS Trust luke.mitcheson@slam.nhs.uk -

Setting up a service for cannabis users. Client characteristics, programme content and initial outcomes

In 2004 the Lambeth DAAT and PCT commissioned a pilot treatment service for cannabis users. Although in other countries there are well developed cannabis treatment services, the Lambeth Cannabis Clinic in one of the first to be set up in the UK. The Cannabis Clinic is run by Michelle Babbs, Clinical Psychologistand Sarfraz Jeraj, Assictant Clinical Psychologist. In this talk, the rationale for the clinic is outlined followed by an account of the development of separate treatment arms for adults and young people. A description of the adult treatment model based on motivational interviewing principles and applied cognitive behavioural interventions is provided. Initial oucome data has demonstrated that a specific service for cannabis users will attract adult cannabis users into treatment. In addition, these clients have a range of psychological health problems in addition to their cannabis use. Some of the lessons learned in setting up this pilot project are shared as well as implications for the future development of the project.
    http://www.hit.org.uk/conf_disp.asp?key=7

Their is also Marijuana Anonymous (12 step self help group like NA, AA etc)
    Thanks all this stuff is very helpful:)