Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

MoneysavingExpert

Anyone here go on it?

The forums are brilliant. I am not joined up but I love just reading the stories of people in big debt and the people who have come through debt!

Anyone here got any stories of debt? :)

(Edited to say its none of my bussiness about your debts but if you want to share feel free)

P.s I got in debt of around 1300 pounds using Credit Cards but got all sorted and paid and cut them up! Never going to use the pastic life destroyer again! :thumb:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I love that website :)
  • Options
    I love that website :)

The thing I like if you were in debt you just put everything about your income and outgoings in there and the experts on there sort you out with advice a.s.a.p!
  • Options
    Oh dude- I LOVE that website. I felt really dispondant about my debt and embarrassed as hell too. In about five months I've halved my debt and my payments at the same time... I was proper chuffed when I checked my credit card balance last night (until Klint started going on about the dubiousness of the debt to the credit card company blah). Never mind.

It feels so amazing to not worry about my debt now. My credit card payments were really making me sick- I was paying minimum amount and the interest meant that the balance was going up and the mimimum payment was then spiralling into 'I can't pay it' zone! I knew it was happening and getting worse but didn't want to or think I could face it and fix it. As soon as I addressed the problem- poof, it was gone! To think I cried about it, if I'd have dealt with it instead of crying into my pillow it would never have gotten that bad. I knew the advice I was given/read about but for some reason didn't/couldn't action it before the affirmation that it works and examples of people who've come out the other side.

I'm still in debt but... not in any way I can't deal with. AND I haven't screwed my credit rating, which would have happened if I'd left it any longer. I'll still use credit- it's a must, I'll just be smarter about what type of credit etc.
  • Options
    I might need to get a loan later on this year to afford a motorbike and insurance :( hopefully the guys on MSE can sort me out :)
  • Options
    i'm in debt but not as bad as i was about this time last year.

i'm in the middle of paying off a barclaycard i had in 2002. i still actually owe about 700 quid on it but that's coming down slowly.

i also owe money to GE capital, but i've almost finished paying that off. Am getting myself out of debt slowly but surely. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Options
    I might need to get a loan later on this year to afford a motorbike and insurance :( hopefully the guys on MSE can sort me out :)

you're going to uni though next year aren't you?

you don't really want/need the burden of extra debts to pay when you're at uni.
  • Options
    Welsh Jemz wrote:
    i'm in debt but not as bad as i was about this time last year.

i'm in the middle of paying off a barclaycard i had in 2002. i still actually owe about 700 quid on it but that's coming down slowly.

i also owe money to GE capital, but i've almost finished paying that off. Am getting myself out of debt slowly but surely. Slow and steady wins the race!

I owed Barclay card 300quid on a credit card with 27.9%apr on it lol.... :yuck:
  • Options
    you're going to uni though next year aren't you?

you don't really want/need the burden of extra debts to pay when you're at uni.

Well, the bike I've got should sell for £800 - £1000 or even more, and I'll pay that or maybe a bit less for the next one, but then insurance is going to be around £700. I can afford it, I've got money in the bank, its just going to be a matter of timing.
  • Options
    Well, the bike I've got should sell for £800 - £1000 or even more, and I'll pay that or maybe a bit less for the next one, but then insurance is going to be around £700. I can afford it, I've got money in the bank, its just going to be a matter of timing.

it's not worth getting a loan out over though is it, surely???
  • Options
    Talking of debts, it might be off the subject but do NTL still owe millions? I just havent seen much in the media lately but I know there was alot about them being taken over and the company being in jeopardy.

Are things still just as bad?
  • Options
    Not sure Mr.Box but will listen out.

Did you hear HMV has had a takeover bid off 800million quid...? :thumb:
  • Options
    it's not worth getting a loan out over though is it, surely???

Maybe or maybe not. Mum m,ight lend me the money for a month or two, which would be fab. Anyway, thats why I said I could ask the people at MSE.