Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

2nd year finance

JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
edited March 27 in Work & Study
How do I go about getting my loan and grants etc for continuing students? Does it automatically come or do I need to reapply? When do you reapply from or before?

Sorry for all the questions but the websites are all fucking useless.

Mucho Gracias.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote:
    How do I go about getting my loan and grants etc for continuing students? Does it automatically come or do I need to reapply? When do you reapply from or before?

Sorry for all the questions but the websites are all fucking useless.

Mucho Gracias.
    They will write to you when you need to do forms etc.
    Yeh I got sent new forms to fill in for my 2nd year.

Don't worry. :)

You could always ring your LEA or visit your Unis finance department if you're that stressed. :p
    The forms are normally distributed in early March and shout be returned by late April ideally to get them all processed before they start playing with new applications...

A reminder to all continuing students that you can now apply for a loan to pay for your tuition fees as opposed to paying them upfront. This will still be at the original amount (around £1200 full-price) but will be paid by the SLC directly to the university and then added to your repayment amount when you finally graduate and start working...

Oh, and student loans are apparently now called 'Maintenance Loans'... whatever the fuck that's supposed to achieve...