Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Renting costs are about to rocket

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ETAagain: But, back to the bus trade, doesn't there need to be another thing involved in the trade, an external 'medium', which is the money? Scratches head...

The money is the promise of reward in the future.

ETA - And ofc the actual payoff itself, the feeling.
  • Options
    yeah sorry, case of post before absorb. see the further edit.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    fairy nuff.

Though if I were writing the dictionary definition to include the above interpretation, I'd be more inclinced to use 'a' rather than 'the', as the the suggests to me that their is a specific market being refered to.

ETA: but, thinking about it, the 'the' could equally be reflecting back to the earlier mentioned exchange, which would therefore make your interpretation valid (in my own little head)

ETAagain: But, back to the bus trade, doesn't there need to be another thing involved in the trade, an external 'medium', which is the money? Scratches head...

Edit AGAIN: ignore the above, you've already answered that the money here would be the 'chemical release'. Must pay closer attention before posting...

It still makes no sense. Its (yet again) how klintock would like the world to be, not how it actually is. He consistently ignores the reality of production, wage labour and commodities. What he's actually doing is taking the economic system that exists and imposing it on his view of human relationships. This is what Marxists call reification - taking the social relationships of capitalism to be somehow "natural" and actual things, rather than a particular social relationship that has a particular historical and economic context. I bet he's a bundle of laughs as a mate. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It still makes no sense. Its (yet again) how klintock would like the world to be, not how it actually is. He consistently ignores the reality of production, wage labour and commodities. What he's actually doing is taking the economic system that exists and imposing it on his view of human relationships. This is what Marxists call reification - taking the social relationships of capitalism to be somehow "natural" and actual things, rather than a particular social relationship that has a particular historical and economic context.

More waffle, more twaddle and still no actual debate or answering of points. You are saying that capitalism can somehow not occur, so show me a place and time when it hasn't been in effect. Capitalism has always been in effect, and your the one claiming that it can't happen in the face of all evidence, so lets have some. ta.
    I bet he's a bundle of laughs as a mate. :rolleyes:

If your lucky enough to earn my friendship then I am a firm, fast friend. :)
  • Options
    I wonder when Blagsta and Klintock are going to get a room. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I wonder when Blagsta and Klintock are going to get a room. :p
    like i said in anything goes ...this is the best read i have had for a good while.
    inteligent witty poetic passionate ...
    niether of them have been able to leave this thread ...blagsta ...this is where i put klintock back on ignore ....twenty minutes later he's storming back in.

thanks lads for a truly excellent debate. :thumb:
  • Options
    like i said in anything goes ...this is the best read i have had for a good while. inteligent witty poetic passionate ...
    niether of them have been able to leave this thread ...blagsta ...this is where i put klintock back on ignore ....twenty minutes later he's storming back in.
    I just about managed to follow them. They're probably going to kiss and make up now. :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    . They're probably going to kiss and make up now. :p
    until the next domestic yeah.

morcambe and wise ...little and large ...
    lennon and ...nahhh.
  • Options
    until the next domestic yeah.

morcambe and wise ...little and large ...
    lennon and ...nahhh.
    More like the Blair & Brown of the boards...
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    like i said in anything goes ...this is the best read i have had for a good while.
    inteligent witty poetic passionate ...

Haven't you got me on ignore?
  • Options

You were just helping me demonstrate my brilliance, don't flatter yourself. :p
  • Options
    Its a bit like watching two bald men fight over a comb...
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    i was missing you like crazy after forty eight hours.
  • Options
    i was missing you like crazy after forty eight hours.

Awwww, bless. :o

*mwah*
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    More like the Blair & Brown of the boards...
    how dull!

i've read every word of this thread ...doesn't happen often.
    it educated and entertained me and i aint ashamed to say so.
  • Options
    If you're interested in the discussion mr, you might want to read up on enclosure, the Spanish Revolution , the Paris Commune , Marx's Kapital and a primer on class (this last one is a pdf)

The links are suggested starting points only
  • Options
    Ofc, those things weren't part of the discussion at any point, but what the hell.

I'd suggest you go out in the world and experiment with things, like seeing if you can trade a cheery smile for a cup of tea at a strangers house and stuff like that.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Ofc, those things weren't part of the discussion at any point, but what the hell.

I'd suggest you go out in the world and experiment with things, like seeing if you can trade a cheery smile for a cup of tea at a strangers house and stuff like that.

but then people will think we are weird, like you
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

I've got klintock back on ignore, but if I can reply to the post you quoted for other people's benefit - these things were actually all part of the discussion. As for the comment about "the real world", well that's how I came to have the views I do know, from working, from talking to people and from knowing a little history...
  • Options

Except the only defence against what I say is that no one else believes it even though it's true, you could do it happily. :)
    I've got klintock back on ignore, but if I can reply to the post you quoted for other people's benefit - these things were actually all part of the discussion.

Go back through the discussion, and apart from your initial mention of them we quickly moved onto the real world of day to day affairs. You might have been under the illusion but well, that's your problem all over, innit.
    As for the comment about "the real world", well that's how I came to have the views I do know, from working, from talking to people and from knowing a little history...

And all mine is from direct observation. Your life must be magic if you listen to people and not watch what they respond to and do.