Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How much do you need to live on???

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seriously!! I couldn't do without it now.

I mean new smallville, new OC, new ER, New Bones, New 24, New cleraks aintmated series, new nip/tuck when it comes back, new hex when it comes back plus repeats of Buffy, Futurama and Angel.

Then theres random documenatries, music videos, music programmes, South Park!!

All in digital glory....
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    You could never get bored when your rich, and those that are, just ain't trying.

I was gonna pick at this, like er, why be bored when you're poor unless you're boring... etc BUT, might be taken as pick on the glum guy SO:

When ok, if I were minted I would buy a massive trampoline to go in my big ass free adventure park (michael jackson stlye- without the weird kiddy fiddlin stuff). There'd be a massive stage where I'd get up every week and perform good/rubbish stuff, and anyone can have a go, with buckets full of rotten tomatoes for the audience to throw as well as roses and free flowing booze. Hmmm, I could never be bored if I were rich...
  • Options
    Exactly!!!!!!

You could but anything and get that lovely materialistic glow of enjoyment at your new toy. I'd get all the dvds I want, music, books, comics. I'd get some of may fave arcade games and have an arcade room. G out out to clubs and such. Have parties. Learn to drive and get a car and drive. Swing yourself into the higher sets and celeberity areas. Met new people, ear new clothes. Go on hols, do tons of fun stuff.

And even if you truly get bored of all that, and I reckon you couldn't anyway, you could always donate some to charity, raise awreness stuff liek that.

Start a business and run it.

All sorts.

I wanna be rich.
  • Options
    How do you work out food then??

I mean do you get food together an dpay half each or do you buy your own food???
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    How do you work out food then??

I mean do you get food together an dpay half each or do you buy your own food???
    you each have your own cupboard and space in the fridge. in our house we mostly cook for ourselfves but sometimes we take it in turns to cook for everyone.
  • Options
    Nice.

I'd be wanting plenty of stuff for myself though.

Lot of drink and various food items.

what happens if you ahve bought summat for you and your housemate nicks it? How is that resolved?
  • Options
    Duel to the death?

You just do resolve it, maybe in a different way depending on the type of person you are. You're not doing yourself any favours by imagining all these scenarios, they may never arise and even if they do well...you just deal with it.

Generally I'd say that if you're non-students in a house share then initially at least you'll do your own cooking, have your own food etc. But maybe you'll become mates and all decide to club together and take turns cooking etc, maybe you won't. Your potential flatmates are the ones with the answers to these questions, I'm afraid. All flat/house shares are different and while we can advise...we don't actually know what will happen in most of these situations. :)
  • Options
    I suppose so.

just thinking of all the angles you know?

can't do owt till I get a permanent job anyway.

any chance of hearing about your poetry book briggi?
  • Options
    Well I have accepted the 3 month job at the uni, going to an interview 2moz for a job that lasts 2 years.

Hopefully this is the start of a good, long, decent work career that can allow me to have at least some of the things I want.
  • Options
    aww congrats :)
  • Options
    Walkindude wrote:
    Well I have accepted the 3 month job at the uni, going to an interview 2moz for a job that lasts 2 years.

Hopefully this is the start of a good, long, decent work career that can allow me to have at least some of the things I want.

good luck. :)
  • Options
    Awww thanks you 2 :)

Got an interview today for another job up there , don't think I'll get it but leats I have this one.