Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

strange illness...any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
all weekend ive been feeling very crappy, i constantly feel really hot and clammy like, i have swollen glands round my throat and therefore have a sore throat too. I am generally feeling weak and sluggish. all these symptoms seem to co-incide with me getting my first EVER cold sore, which is pissing me off as well, its fair minging and a bit sore. i also have a tight feeling accross my chest.

anyone any idea what this could be, the only suggestions ive had off people is it could be some type of flu, but ive not felt like this off it before.

ive tried to get a appointment to see the doctor, but theres no luck there so far, i have to try back again tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    theres a cold type thing going around at the moment, i nfact theres always one lol. but everyone at uni and work has it and that consits of swolen glands, sore throat, lack of energy.

they have been told its a viral infection
  • Options
    One of my lecturers just told me there's a particularly nasty strain of Influenza B virus going round at the moment. Is there an NHS walk-in centre at your hospital? Apart from that, keep trying at the GP and take heaps of vitamin C.
  • Options
    It could just be that you're feeling a bit run down. So take some special care of yourself, sleep lots, drinkplenty, trry to eat a balanced diet, perhaps take a multivitamin to boost your immune system. If its no better after doing that I'd go to the doctors