Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

born again christians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is anyone here a born again christian?

did you give up sex?

or for anyone who wants to join in who isnt born again - would you give up sex if chose christianity and wanted to participate in the faith actively?

edited to add: sex outside of marriage!

Comments

• Options
    why dya have to give up sex? unless you mean until marriage.

i went out with an american christian who had decided not to have sex again until he got married. it didnt last long.
  • Options
    No, no and no.

Answer your own questions, it's only polite. ;)
  • Options
    sorry, i meant outside of marriage!

Well I know for a fact that I could never give up sex - are they to tell me right now, that I've been with my partner for five years, we plan to get married, and if I wanted to practice christianity i would have to give up that intimate showing of love to my partner whom I intend to spend the rest of my life with anyway? I just dont get it.

I feel that if I ever did chose christianity, I wouldn't be fully accepted because of this. That is if everyone knew about it of course. you know what I mean.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    it didnt last long.

You tart :flirt:
  • Options
    The question isn't being able to give up sex, it is if you are ready to give up heaven if you are an active Christian.

Give up sex? If you don't, you end up in hell - according to most Christians. So, don't choose the religion which is the easiest way out, but choose the religion you believe in.

A lot of people are not Christian because they have to be deprived of their sex life. This is the wrong angle to look at religion.

Sometimes, the easy way out isn't easy at all, just that you don't notice it in this world.

Sometimes, it isn't.

Your choice...
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    why dya have to give up sex? unless you mean until marriage.

i went out with an american christian who had decided not to have sex again until he got married. it didnt last long.

Good missionary skills there, enlightening the unheathen.
  • Options
    no, I very much doubt I'll ever be religous.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You are going to hell.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You are going to hell.

there is no hell, duh :p
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    there is no hell, duh :p
    You've never been to Braintree, then?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You've never been to Braintree, then?

:)

apparantly not
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:

apparantly not

Haha. You'll be stuck here when I go to heaven, I payed my $50 and lynched a gay.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Haha. You'll be stuck here when I go to heaven, I payed my $50 and lynched a gay.

pfft.

the concept of religion, heaven, hell etc used to worry me... all the what ifs. But I came to the realisation that it's a bit pointless worrying about it because there's no way you'll ever know till you're dead :)

and I'm quite happy being completely meaningless, godless and faithless to be perfectly honest
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    pfft.

the concept of religion, heaven, hell etc used to worry me... all the what ifs. But I came to the realisation that it's a bit pointless worrying about it because there's no way you'll ever know till you're dead :)

and I'm quite happy being completely meaningless, godless and faithless to be perfectly honest

Same. I'll find out when I die. I've lead a good(ish) life... so... im sure God will let me off doubting him. Besides... if God is logical, he will see, that, with the evidence, it makes logical sense not to beleive.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Besides... if God is logical, he will see, that, with the evidence, it makes logical sense not to beleive.

I suppose that is true, rational logic leads to the conclusion that it makes sense not to believe.
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:

I suppose that is true, rational logic leads to the conclusion that it makes sense not to believe.
    Don't tell Descartes... he'll cry!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Don't tell Descartes... he'll cry!

that's faith for you.
  • Options
    your better off choosing a life TBH!.....then you can stick your thingy into whatever thingy takes your fancy....
  • Options
    My flatmate's just turned into one now she's drunk. I don't understand. Confusion. Gah!
  • Options
    Born Again Christians are twats
  • Options
    LOL.

What a pack of muppets.
  • Options
    lil_kazzy wrote:
    My flatmate's just turned into one now she's drunk. I don't understand. Confusion. Gah!

Tell Jesus jokes.
  • Options
    No... I was a born again Pagan which basically means I can fuck who I want and not feel guilty... Guys... Girls... Yadda yadda.

Although currently Buddhism appeals more to me as it seems less judgemental than a lot of (not all) Pagans I've met.
  • Options
    err, this is an odd question.

I'm a born again christian, I'm 21 in may, and I'm a virgin, I became a christian when I was 16/17.

For the record, the being a virgin is only just, I abstain because I choose to, not because of "the rules", but chosing to isn't always easy, and I've come close to doing something I didn't actually want to do, because I was a bit horny.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:

A lot of people are not Christian because they have to be deprived of their sex life. This is the wrong angle to look at religion.

The other angle being objective thought, equally as likely to dismiss religion.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    The other angle being objective thought, equally as likely to dismiss religion.

I never claimed the opposite.

Religion is like gambling with the lower odds.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It's like giving up and starting over again - I do this every night when I go to bed and get my dream updates from the Nasa super computer. :shocking:

:lol:
  • Options
    I became a Christian at 16, and it certainly has influenced how I think about sex. It's a bit complicated, being a "big fat lesbian" but generally I still think I'd want to wait until I was committed to someone in a monogamous relationship. Ideally, I'd wait until settling down with someone.
  • Options