Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

E and erm...."lady" problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, a slightly icky subject so discretion advised,
I went out the other night and erm...slightly overdid it on some pills. I learnt my lesson, but the thing is...I've now got a case of thrush. Really badly. Is there any link between taking pills and and getting this? It's happened a few times before and thought it might be linked the the heat from your body.... dehydration etc. Or is it pure coincidence?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hehe thanks. It's a bit of an embarrassing one....but I'm pretty sure it's linked
    Yes, they are definately linked, especially MDA, where your pills a bit messy?
    They were only messy because I got them when I was already quite drunk and nobody thought to look after them for me, so I just ended up taking them all too quickly and way too many.
    Violette wrote:
    come on where are all the girl drug users?!

turlough or skive or morrocan can you not answer? :p

i personally dont know love sorry.
    and you can stop calling me a big girl!

i honestly don't know.
    not something i've come across.
    They were only messy because I got them when I was already quite drunk and nobody thought to look after them for me, so I just ended up taking them all too quickly and way too many.

When he means messy he means where they not a euphoric high you'd except off MDMA? MDA is quite different in it's effects than MDMA. Most notably a "trippy" effect.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mda/mda_effects.shtml
    wrote:
    Comparison of MDA to MDMA:
    The total experience is 8 hours, but the 'trip' is 4-5 hours like X. The after-effects are like being way-laid, definitely washing around in the after-swell of a full experience of an amphetamine-hallucinogen. We call MDA 'industrial electronic mushrooms' and compare the post-peak to riding the diesel-electric locomotive all the way home. Your feet vibrate for some time after you step off a huge machine like that: tingling and numb. There's no finer intoxicant, but you need careful and considerable support or the body load can turn you into a vegetable for the latter half of the experience and the day after. With X you feel all the emotional and spiritual connectivy possible (much the 'empathogen'), with MDA you see (hallucinate, visually experience) all the emotional and spiritual connectivity possible.

Comparison of MDA to MDMA:
    "The differences from MDM(A) are striking: MDA is more hallucinogenic with noticeable closed eye imagery, is a much greater aesthetic enhancer, especially of people and of music; is more euphoric; more "drug-like", a heavier and more obviously body-involved trip. Tactile sensation is more powerful, erotic and noticeable on MDA. Physical effects are more up-front: gastric upset, pupil dilation, water retention, limbic arousal. On the whole, we find MDA a more enjoyable and interesting trip; longer lasting and more sexual/sensual. Our favorite characteristic is that one retains an interesting psychedelic ideation on MDA, rather then the feeling-oriented, but rather idealess thinking of MDM(A).
    Oh no, they were of the euphoric kind of thing. The whole kit and caboodle with cliches, hugging telling people you love them dancing etc. But then it slumped and I couldn't really stand up kept falling over, fell down some stairs.....had a go at a girl because she was trying to get me to break up with my boyfriend (trust me, she deserved that shouting at she's been angling on it for 3 years...lol) so from reading that I'm going to assume it was a mix of MDA.

Probably my own fault from buying them off a bloke on a bus lol
    Oh no, they were of the euphoric kind of thing. The whole kit and caboodle with cliches, hugging telling people you love them dancing etc. But then it slumped and I couldn't really stand up kept falling over, fell down some stairs.....had a go at a girl because she was trying to get me to break up with my boyfriend (trust me, she deserved that shouting at she's been angling on it for 3 years...lol) so from reading that I'm going to assume it was a mix of MDA.

Probably my own fault from buying them off a bloke on a bus lol

Probably was MDA then. You do get euphoria but you will be less co ordinated and want to sit down a lot and lose control of some of your muscles. Well that's my experience with it and mixing drink aswell.

Well I've bought my fair share of pills of strangers and I'm still alive so you'll be ok :)
    so is MDA the same as MDMA but more psychadelic?
    i got some really fucked up trippy shit happening after taking 12 e's which im convinced were MDA last summer .. open eye visuals, just not your standard trippy stuff

weird to say the least .. id liken the visuals to the ones i get if i stay awake after taken certain sleepers .. which is even weirder
    See I thought I'd seen all these effing sketch things, then the day after I went on Dontstayin.com and people were dressed up as the things I was hallucinating. LOL
    lipsy wrote:

Pretty much.

With MDA you'll see images at the corner of your vision like people dancing or in some cases as i've read here, people wearing glasses full on...it's an alright buzz. It's different to LSD or shrooms as you know you are tripping but you can turn it off quite easily and still feel the euphoric effects.

Z01-I've been like that myself...If you take enough E's with enough adulterants in it...you'll have a full on trip just as good as acid like!
    lipsy wrote:

No, MDA is far messier, doesnt have the same euphoria and empathy that MDMA does and is harsher on the body (especially women).
    On the subject of MDA, i always quite enjoy a buzz from pills with MDA in them, especially when im outside admiring the purple leaves on trees or the glasses that people are wearing and all the other trippy stuff that goes on

Its not a hallucinogenic you can learn anything from though, its not clear enough.

But, as I've said before if your aim is to get as wasted as possible then MDA will do that.
    rofl @ seeing people with glasses on .. i got exactly that happening! and i kept looking at my mates and not knowing who they were .. just assumed it was someone random who had came into the house and i didnt think twice about it

thats mad how a few people can same the same bizarre trip
    z01 wrote:
    rofl @ seeing people with glasses on ...

omg! that happened to one of my mates once too... he was looking at me funny for a little while, I eventually asked what he was looking at... he said.... "why are you waring glasses?!"
    I was like... ermmm.... im not!!

Weird init!
    I dont know about getting thrush, but when I overdid it on Es I couldnt do a wee-wee for the life of me. I was desperate to go, but just could NOT do it.

I was crouching behing that tree for AGES!
    I dont know about getting thrush, but when I overdid it on Es I couldnt do a wee-wee for the life of me. I was desperate to go, but just could NOT do it.

That's quite common and its the reason why drinking lots and lots of water while taking MDMA is dangerous.

Thats a common side effect of pills for everyone though... I dont know the science behind it (im sure there are people here who do) but thats what makes drinking too much water dangerous, cos your not pissing it out properly...
    Haha I can totally relate Rainbow. I couldn't pee all night and I thought it was something to do with the fact the toilets had no locks on. Anyway got back to my friends and they timed me, i peed 10 times in an hour and 20 minutes.
    my friends timed me, i peed 10 times in an hour and 20 minutes.
    the things we do when mashed ...those straight people don't know what they're missing.
    the things we do when mashed ...those straight people don't know what they're missing.

haha, your so right, and im so drunk!!

ay men t beng mashed!!
    Also we had a 2 hour debate of why people put radiators under windows
    At the end our mate, who does physics or some shit like that woke up answered the question in a really complicated manner, fell back asleep and we went back to the "Why do they put radiators under windows?" lol
    cuz it creates the best flow of heat i beleive!
    im prbabl y mistaken tho :(
    z01 wrote:
    cuz it creates the best flow of heat i beleive!
    im prbabl y mistaken tho :(
    Haha yeah I understand it now. Cold air coming in off the windows is heated up and then rises and goes around the room yadda yadda. Sadly we weren't in any state for this to make much sense
    When I'm really out of i'll be talking to my mate for ages then stop for two seconds and not have a clue what we were talking about. Funny as fuck.
    turlough wrote:
    When I'm really out of i'll be talking to my mate for ages then stop for two seconds and not have a clue what we were talking about. Funny as fuck.

ay e that happens all the time

ive tested a few times .. mid conversation on e's turn round and say 'wtf were we jsut talking about' and ic an guarantee their mind will go blank
    Hahahaha, whenever I go out with 2 certain friends and my boyfriend. When I'm coming up I have to, some some strange reason sit down with the guy and discuss exactly why my bf is off dancing like a loon. It's varied several times from "He's never had anything major happen in his life to discuss in depth" to "He wants to be a pole dancer when he grows up"

Luckily my friend just entertains me for a while.

Sadly the other person always corners me and tells me to marry my boyfriend and how she wishes she was his older sister.

Oh what a motley crew
    Why is it also, that when you're blatantly off your face you get the sudden urge to stop, look at your friends and laugh to yourself at how fucked they are when you're almost definitly either the same or in a worse state than them.

I spend ages just going up to my friends and saying "look at my bf, he's sooooo funny chewing his face off!" when I've got 3 pieces of gum in my mouth and a fierce hungry hippos match has nowt on me. LOL
    Nah doesn't really happen too often. I like to laugh at people who are off their head when I'm sober but when everyone is off their head you don't really notice.
    turlough wrote:
    Nah doesn't really happen too often. I like to laugh at people who are off their head when I'm sober but when everyone is off their head you don't really notice.
    Maybe i'm just a bitch? hahaha