Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Opticians

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm off to the opticians. When they're looking in your eyes can they tell if you've recently taken drugs? I imagine they can because there are physical eye changes when high and opticians are trained to spot changes in blood etc.

Comments

• Options
    katralla wrote:
    I'm off to the opticians. When they're looking in your eyes can they tell if you've recently taken drugs? I imagine they can because there are physical eye changes when high and opticians are trained to spot changes in blood etc.

I've heard that dentists can tell if you use coke or e (gums affected by cocaine, teeth by grinding on e), but i'm not sure about this or opticians - certainly if you were high at the time, but otherwise i'd imagine not. Shouldn't really matter anyway unless the optician knows you...
  • Options
    not unless you go under the influence but ...most would make no remark ...a few may tut ...a few more might make a wee joke about it.
  • Options
    Unless you were actually high at the time. And even if they could tell would you really care?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've heard that dentists can tell if you use coke or e (gums affected by cocaine, teeth by grinding on e), but i'm not sure about this or opticians - certainly if you were high at the time, but otherwise i'd imagine not. Shouldn't really matter anyway unless the optician knows you...
    I've heard that from mine, i've apperently ground down my back few molars, through bonding and shit, the dentist was like, man, doing a lot of meth & coke here? I was like :nervous: uh.. no.. he was joking though. He said it was from me being nervous and sleeping or something..

As for your eyes, I'm sure they won't be able to tell, your eyes dialate from drugs but also naturally for light conditions, I'd be amazed if you had something to worry about.
  • Options
    If your eyes are quite blood shot they will probably just think you are really tired or have high blood pressure.

Its only the pupil size which would be a give away.